Let’s wrap up our Top 50 starting pitcher rankings with a look at the final ten on the list:
41. Tim Lincecum – San Francisco Giants
42. Jeff Samardzija – Chicago Cubs
43. A.J. Burnett – Pittsburgh Pirates
44. Homer Bailey – Cincinnati Reds
45. Tim Hudson – Atlanta Braves
46. C.J. Wilson – Los Angeles Angels
47. Hyun-Jin Ryu – Los Angeles Dodgers
48. Wandy Rodriguez – Pittsburgh Pirates
49. Josh Beckett – Los Angeles Dodgers
50. Mike Minor – Atlanta Braves
- Can Tim Lincecum rediscover his old form? We all know he was awful last season (5.18 ERA over 186.0 innings), as his velocity dropped nearly two mph (92.3 mph in ’11 to 90.4 mph in ’12). He did have success in the postseason, albeit as a reliever, so that just has to add to the concern. It’s hard to imagine a pitcher that was this good completely losing it and having to be banished to the bullpen. Time will tell, but as a SP4 he is well worth rolling the dice on.
- Hyun-Jin Ryu is the latest import from Korea, but how will his performance translate to the Major Leagues? We’ll have to wait and see, but he has upside and is worth gambling on.
- It is definitely looking like 2011 was the aberration year for C.J. Wilson, isn’t it? His K/9 in 2010 was 7.50, similar to last year’s 7.70. His BB/9 in 2010 was 4.10, similar to last year’s 4.05. The only thing that really changed was his luck (his BABIP was .281), meaning we should expect numbers closer to last year’s 3.83 ERA and 1.34 WHIP (as opposed to 2011s 2.94 and 1.19).
- Will Josh Beckett be able to rebound in Los Angeles? To find out why he’s a good gamble, click here.
***** No matter how you purchase the Rotoprofessor 2013 Fantasy Baseball Draft Guide (whether you buy it directly or get it as part of our FanDuel promotion), one lucky purchaser will win a:
Jason Heyward Autographed Baseball!!
Click here for details!!*****
Make sure to check out our 2013 rankings (all of which will be updated in the next few weeks):
- Catchers (updated 02/18/13)
- First Basemen (updated 01/15/13)
- Second Basemen (updated 01/22/13)
- Shortstops (updated 01/24/13)
- Third Basemen (updated 01/29/13)
- Outfielders 1-20 (updated 02/06/13) | 21-40 (updated 02/07/13)
- Starting Pitchers 1-20 (updated 02/12/13) | 21-40 (updated 02/14/13)
- Relief Pitchers (updated 01/31/13)