Here’s a few notes for everyone:
- According to an article posted on The Star Tribune (click here for the article) Troy Percival was forced to leave the Rays game today during the ninth inning. The injury occurred “while trying to field a sacrifice bunt”. Grant Balfour was the one to replace him, ultimately blowing the save. I would guess Dan Wheeler as the replacement if Percival is going to miss some action, though Grant Balfour and Chad Bradford could also see some time. I’ll have more on the injury as soon as I hear anything.
- An article on The Miami Herald’s website (click here for the article) is reporting that the Padres have once again placed Chris Young on the DL, this time with a “strained right forearm “. His first stint on the DL came after taking a line drive to the face off the bat of Albert Pujols. Young had a lot of promise this season, but at 4-4 with a 4.74 ERA, he certainly has been a disappointment. Just slide him to your bench if you have the room and hope he could become productive again at some point this season.
- In a separate article on The Miami Herald (click here) it is being reported that the Giants Aaron Rowand is day-to-day with “tightness in his lower back”, which forced him out of today’s game. If you have a healthy alternative, I’d recommend using it.
- According to Troy E. Renck of The Denver Post (click here for the article), the Rockies Yorvit Torrealba is currently suffering from a problem with his knee, causing him to be scratched from the line-up. The team demoted Cory Sullivan to Triple A, replacing him on the roster with Adam Melhouse, another catcher. No real impact on fantasy owners.
- Jack Magruder of The East Valley Tribune (click here for the article), catcher Wilkin Castillo is the final piece to the Adam Dunn deal, with Micah Owings highly rumored to be involved (though unconfirmed as he would have to pass waivers or wait until the end of the season). At Triple A, Castillo was hitting .254 with 6 HR and 47 RBI.