Let’s continue with the Wild Predictions. If you are new to Rotoprofessor, keep in mind that these are occurrences that I wouldn’t expect to happen more then 20% of the time (in most cases, the chances are a lot less then that).
The Rangers win the AL West
It’s tough to imagine considering they would need to overtake the Angels, but what if their pitching comes together? What if one of their veterans can turn back the clock? What if Matt Harrison becomes the pitcher that I (and I think only I) believe he can be? What if Derek Holland or Neftali Feliz joins the rotation by mid-season and sets the world on fire? I know that’s a lot of what ifs…
There are also questions about the hitting. Can Josh Hamilton keep it going for a full season? Is Nelson Cruz a potential breakout or bust? Will Chris Davis continue to develop? Can Ian Kinsler and Hank Blalock stay healthy?
For this to happen, they need everything to go right. If one thing goes wrong, the chances decrease significantly. If two or more go wrong, they may has well just mail it in. Still, with the significant injuries the Angels have had to their pitching staff already, the potential of this happening is increasing by the day.
Chance of happening: 16%
What does everyone think? Any chance of this happening or am I completely crazy?
Previous Wild Predictions:
1. Joel Zumaya saves at least 30 games
2. Nick Markakis leads the league in OBP
3. Derek Jeter will hit below .280
4. Frank Francisco will pick up at least 40 saves while holding the closer’s job all season
5. Brad Lidge will save 30 games or less
6. Edwin Encarnacion will hit at least 35 HR
7. Erik Bedard will win at least 18 games
8. Willy Taveras will hit 5 HR
9. Ichiro scores less then 90 runs
10. Rickie Weeks hits .290 or better
11. Carlos Beltran hits at least 45 HR
12. Jose Ceda saves at least 25 games
13. Troy Tulowitzki drives in at least 120 RBI
14. Zack Greinke strikes out at least 220 batters
15. Randy Johnson strikes out at least 200 batters
16. Adam LaRoche drives in at least 120 RBI
17. Ryan Doumit hits at least 28 HR
18. Ian Snell posts an ERA under 4.00
19. Rafael Furcal steals at least 40 bases
20. Scott Kazmir wins 10 games or less
21. Yovani Gallardo posts a WHIP of 1.19 or better
22. Coco Crisp hits at least .300
23. Jacoby Ellsbury steals 70 bases
24. Prince Fielder leads the league in RBI
25. Clayton Kershaw strikes out 190 batters or more
Picture courtesy of Icon Sports Media, Inc.