by Eric Stashin (aka The Rotoprofessor)
Yesterday we began our look at the Top 40 outfielders for dynasty leaguers (click here to view). Let’s continue our rankings today with the next 20:
21) Shin-Soo Choo – Texas Rangers (31-years old)
22) Domonic Brown – Philadelphia Phillies (26-years old)
23) Matt Kemp – Los Angeles Dodgers (29-years old)
24) Starling Marte – Pittsburgh Pirates (25-years old)
25) Matt Holliday – St. Louis Cardinals (34-years old)
26) Oscar Taveras – St. Louis Cardinals (21-years old)
27) Gregory Polanco – Pittsburgh Pirates (22-years old)
28) Desmond Jennings – Tampa Bay Rays (27-years old)
29) Allen Craig – St. Louis Cardinals (29-years old)
30) Mark Trumbo – Arizona Cardinals (28-years old)
31) Leonys Martin – Texas Rangers (26-years old)
32) Alex Gordon – Kansas City Royals (30-years old)
33) Josh Hamilton – Los Angeles Angels (32-years old)
34) Austin Jackson – Detroit Tigers (27-years old)
35) Alex Rios – Texas Rangers (33-years old)
36) Curtis Granderson – New York Mets (33-years old)
37) Jose Bautista – Toronto Blue Jays (33-years old)
38) Kole Calhoun – Los Angeles Angels (26-years old)
39) Brett Gardner – New York Yankees (30-years old)
40) Shane Victorino – Boston Red Sox (33-years old)
- Will Matt Kemp ever return to the player that he once was? He’s a major risk, but there are a lot of other major risks at that point in the draft. Given his age and potential to be a Top 5 option, he’s worth it.
- While Matt Holliday is 34-years old, it’s hard to overlook how consistent he has been throughout his career. With a few more productive years left, the value you are going to get as others avoid him given his age is going to be well worth the draft pick.
- You could argue that Oscar Taveras has a higher overall upside than his ranking, but it remains to be seen when he will get his opportunity in the Majors. He’s obviously well worth owning, but you are going to have to be patient as the Cardinals sort through their logjam in the outfield and at first base.
- How long will Allen Craig have outfield eligibility? You would think long-term, with Matt Adams prepared to fill the first base role, though time will tell. It’s just something to keep in mind.
*** Make sure to order Rotoprofessor’s 2014 Fantasy Baseball Draft Guide and be entered to win an autographed David Price mini bat! The guide comes complete with projections of over 600 players, expended rankings, sleepers, Top 50 prospects and so much more (including constant updates up until opening day). For just $6 you will get everything you need to dominate your fantasy league! For more information and to place your order, click here. ***
Make sure to check out all of our 2014 rankings: