by Eric Stashin (aka The Rotoprofessor)
Spring games are underway and that means injuries and news, causing our rankings to be reshuffled. The most notable among outfielders was the injury to Hunter Pence, who is likely out the first month of the season after fracturing his hand (also bringing questions regarding his production upon his return)). We also had the news in Boston, with Shane Victorino reportedly being dubbed the starting right fielder (though it remains to be seen if he’ll actually be healthy, if he’ll be traded or if it is nothing more than a smoke screen), shuffling our rankings a bit. Let’s take a look at how our rankings currently stand because of these things and more:
1. Mike Trout – Los Angeles Angels
2. Andrew McCutchen – Pittsburgh Pirates
3. Giancarlo Stanton – Miami Marlins
4. Jose Bautista – Toronto Blue Jays
5. Adam Jones – Baltimore Orioles
6. Carlos Gomez – Milwaukee Brewers
7. Jacoby Ellsbury – New York Yankees
8. Ryan Braun – Milwaukee Brewers
9. George Springer – Houston Astros
10. Justin Upton – San Diego Padres
11. Yasiel Puig – Los Angeles Dodgers
12. Michael Brantley – Cleveland Indians
13. Billy Hamilton – Cincinnati Reds
14. Bryce Harper – Washington Nationals
15. Matt Holliday – St. Louis Cardinals
16. Corey Dickerson – Colorado Rockies
17. Nelson Cruz – Seattle Mariners
18. Carlos Gonzalez – Colorado Rockies
19. Kole Calhoun – Los Angeles Angels
20. Starling Marte – Pittsburgh Pirates
- According to Mark Sheldon (via Twitter), “Hamilton has a sore right shoulder from running into the fence vs. Cubs on Friday. Doesn’t expect to miss much time.” There doesn’t appear to be anything to be concerned about, for now, but it is something that we’ll have to keep an eye on just in case.
- We all know there’s concerns about George Springer and his ability to make consistent contact, but how many potential 40/20 options are there out there? They are few and far between, which is one of the reasons Springer is ranked as highly as he is. For more on Springer, make sure to check out our detailed look at him by clicking here.
- Can Bryce Harper or Carlos Gonzalez actually stay healthy for a full season? Both players have the upside of Top 10 options, but it feels like almost a given that they are going to miss time and thus deflate their value.
- Clearly we feel that the breakout of Corey Dickerson was for real in 2014. To find out why we think he’s going to continue making an impact in 2015, click here.
Make sure to check out all of our 2015 rankings:
- First Basemen
- Second Basemen
- Third Basemen
- Starting Pitchers: 1-20 | 21-40
- Relief Pitchers
*** Make sure to order Rotoprofessor’s 2015 Fantasy Baseball Draft Guide and be entered to win an autographed Noah Syndergaard baseball! The guide comes complete with projections of over 600 players, expended rankings, sleepers, Top 50 prospects, Top 40 “New” dynasty prospects and so much more (including constant updates up until opening day). For just $6 you will get everything you need to dominate your fantasy league! For more information and to place your order, click here. ***