by Eric Stashin (aka The Rotoprofessor)
The Colorado Rockies have been hit extremely hard by injuries this preseason, and it obviously has had a significant impact on our rankings. With David Dahl and Ian Desmond both set to miss time, let’s take a look at the impact those absences have on our rankings:
1. Mike Trout – Los Angeles Angels
2. Mookie Betts – Boston Red Sox
3. Kris Bryant – Chicago Cubs
4. Bryce Harper – Washington Nationals
5. Charlie Blackmon – Colorado Rockies
6. Trea Turner – Washington Nationals
7. J.D. Martinez – Detroit Tigers
8. Yoenis Cespedes – New York Mets
9. Nelson Cruz – Seattle Mariners
10. George Springer – Houston Astros
11. Giancarlo Stanton – Miami Marlins
12. A.J. Pollock – Arizona Diamondbacks
13. Gregory Polanco – Pittsburgh Pirates
14. Ryan Braun – Milwaukee Brewers
15. Carlos Gonzalez – Colorado Rockies
16. Jose Bautista – Toronto Blue Jays
17. Mark Trumbo – Baltimore Orioles
18. Justin Upton – Detroit Tigers
19. Christian Yelich – Miami Marlins
20. Starling Marte – Pittsburgh Pirates
- Starling Marte was one player that many people were surprised initially fell outside of our Top 20. While he does jump in now, due to the injuries, there are still questions hanging over him. To get a better idea of why he is ranked where he is, click here for our full writeup.
- A.J. Pollock is currently battling a groin injury, something that isn’t thought to be a serious issue but we will monitor it just in case. As of now he is going to remain one of the better options in the league, but if the issue lingers and costs him time he obviously is going to have to drop a few spots.
- Two players who are making statements this spring are Bryce Harper (.320 with 5 HR) and Yoenis Cespedes (.444 with 5 HR). Obviously Harper is coming off a disappointing season, though that may ultimately work to motivate him and push him to a monster 2017. Don’t make the mistake of downgrading him very far, as he could easily prove to be the best player in the game.
- There are a lot of people who feel like Christian Yelich belongs higher on this list, but there’s a good chance that he ultimately disappoints. We will take an in-depth look at him in the coming days, so make sure to check back and find out why he barely makes the cut for our Top 20.
*** Order Rotoprofessor’s 2017 Fantasy Baseball Draft Guide for Just $7.00 By Clicking Here!! Not only will you get all the help you need to dominate your fantasy draft, but you will also be entered to win a Noah Syndergaard autographed baseball, complete with “Thor” inscription! ***
Make sure to check out our other 2017 Rankings:
|Starting Pitcher||#1-20 |02/27/17|