by Eric Stashin (aka The Rotoprofessor)
Let’s continue updating our Top 40 outfielders, thanks to the fallout from around the league. Does Ian Desmond hold on? What about David Dahl? Let’s take a look:
21. Billy Hamilton – Cincinnati Reds
22. Andrew McCutchen – Pittsburgh Pirates
23. Matt Kemp – Atlanta Braves
24. Khris Davis – Oakland A’s
25. Kyle Schwarber – Chicago Cubs
26. Joc Pederson – Los Angeles Dodgers
27. Lorenzo Cain – Kansas City Royals
28. Adam Eaton – Washington Nationals
29. Ender Inciarte – Atlanta Braves
30. Adam Jones – Baltimore Orioles
31. Kevin Kiermaier – Tampa Bay Rays
32. Ian Desmond – Colorado Rockies
33. Andrew Benintendi – Boston Red Sox
34. Rajai Davis – Oakland A’s
35. Kole Calhoun – Los Angeles Angels
36. Hunter Pence – San Francisco Giants
37. Shin-Soo Choo – Texas Rangers
38. Josh Reddick – Houston Astros
39. Carlos Gomez – Texas Rangers
40. Domingo Santana – Milwaukee Brewers
- The early reports on Ian Desmond have him returning late in April, and given his upside that keeps him as a must draft option. Obviously we’ll have to keep close tabs on his progress, and movement either way in his expected return could cause him to rise or fall a few spots.
- Surprised to see Joc Pederson ranked so highly? He’s actually coming off a good season and has the potential to finally live up to the full hype that’s been bestowed upon him. To find out why he’s one of our favorite sleepers entering the season, click here.
- There have been rumblings that Adam Eaton will hit towards the bottom of the order, instead of near the top. That would obviously help to cripple his potential value, as his main attributes come in the speed/runs scored departments. It’s something we’ll have to monitor, but for now we aren’t going to move him due to the rumors.
- With David Dahl dropping out of the rankings, Domingo Santana rises up onto them. To find out why he’s a favorite of ours, click here for our full writeup.
- With the Rays giving Kevin Kiermaier a big extension, he’s going to start to garner more attention. We’ve been hyping him for quite some time, though hopefully this news doesn’t cause him to become overvalued. To find out why we believe in a breakout, click here.
*** Order Rotoprofessor’s 2017 Fantasy Baseball Draft Guide for Just $7.00 By Clicking Here!! Not only will you get all the help you need to dominate your fantasy draft, but you will also be entered to win a Noah Syndergaard autographed baseball, complete with “Thor” inscription! ***
Make sure to check out our other 2017 Rankings:
|Starting Pitcher||#1-20 |02/27/17|