It’s very, very quiet on this Sunday morning, but here are a few minor tidbits:
- According to Patrick Saunders of The Denver Post (click here for the article), despite his struggles, the Rockies will leave Livan Hernandez in their rotation. That certainly doesn’t mean that you have to be using him. He should be on the waiver wire in all formats, not your roster.
- Saunders also reports that Todd Helton will swing a bat “in the next few days”, according to Helton. We’ll see if he is able to return, but he is eligible until September 1. Just keep him on the bench if you’re waiting on him.
- Susan Slusser of The San Francisco Chronicle (click here for the post) updated the condition of Mark Ellis and Jack Cust. Here is what she had to say:
- There is no word as to when Mark Ellis will return, but “he said he’s not going to push it too hard considering his history with that shoulder”. I’d have him on your bench in all formats until he proves he can return.
- Cust was available last night, but was left out of the line-up so Rajai Davis could play in the line-up.
- According to Peter Schmuck of The Baltimore Sun (click here for the post), the Orioles Brian Burres was scratched from his start at Triple A last night, meaning he will be taking the ball for the Orioles on Tuesday. He was great in 4 games at Triple A (one start), posting a 0.82 ERA in 11 innings, but was terrible in the majors. He should be avoided in all formats.