My goal this week is to help you through these next couple of days as you try and climb your way to the top of the ladder. Or at least climb your way into a money position in your league. If you play in a weekly league your fate is likely sealed at this point with your lineup not being changeable. However for those in daily leagues this is the time to tinker to your heart’s content.
Every day this week I will be using Around The League to try and help you maximize the most of this week with guys I would consider dropping and guys I would consider picking up as well as guys who should just be playing. At this point you should be streaming guys in and out as much as possible, without dropping your big names, in order to get the most from your team each day. Here is today’s breakdown:
News and Notes You Need to Know
- The San Antonio Spurs gave Tim Duncan the day off yesterday against the lowly Cleveland Cavaliers. This means that tonight when they play the second half of their back-to-back games Duncan should be in the lineup and against Portland, a weak rebounding team, he should be in your lineup. Manu Ginobili and Tony Parker only played a little over 20 minutes so they may still play tonight, but keep an eye on this.
- As far as big men go Cleveland is lacking way behind and that means by default Tristan Thompson is logging big minutes. Thompson is averaging 10.8 points and 8.3 rebounds over the last four games. Memphis has a strong defense, but if he plays 30 minutes, and he should, he’ll come close to a double-double. I would consider adding him for this game.
- Washington and Charlotte are two extremely bad teams, Charlotte is clearly the worst in the league, but Washington would have a say in the discussion for next in line. However tonight they play each other and neither team is especially potent defensively. For example Derrick Brown isn’t particularly useful as a player, but on a bad Bobcats team he is averaging 12 points, 6 boards and 1.5 steals per game lately. Against a bad Wizards defense, he’s got decent value.
- In New Jersey the vastly under owned Gerald Green is someone you should consider. I don’t have much faith in his sudden resurgence to fantasy relevance. But right now he is on a roll with his scoring and three point shooting and you should really be considering him in all formats. He’s strung together enough big games that he is worth streaming into your lineups for tonight’s game.
- Milwaukee’s new run and gun system is giving their players a big boost in fantasy value. One guy who has picked up value in particular lately is Luc Richard Mbah a Moute. Injuries and suspensions have opened the door for Mbah a Moute these last two games in which he has posted one double-double with 16 points and 11 rebounds. And in another game he had 8 points, 7 rebounds and 2 blocked shots. Toronto is bad and their interior game is banged up. Mbah a Moute should play big minutes again tonight and put up pretty good numbers doing it.