Here are a few little newsbits for you early on this evening:
- John Fay of The Cincinnati Enquirer (click here for the post) is saying that Aaron Harang “will probably start Sunday”. That is not guaranteed, but apparently he was pain free after a bullpen session earlier today. If you’ve been waiting for his return, this certainly is good news.
- Fay also gives an update on Jerry Hairston Jr., who is quoted as saying “If I was a first baseman, I could play right now”. That makes it seem like he could avoid the DL, but he is a few days away still. If you’re in a deep format and are hoping to use him, you should have him on your bench for the time being and just wait this out.
- Paul Sullivan of The Chicago Tribune (click here for the post) is reporting that the Cubs have dealt Scott Eyre to the Philadelphia Phillies for Brian Schlitter (a Single A pitcher). Not really much value to fantasy owners, but figured I’d pass along the news.
- According to Anthony Andro of The Star-Telegram (click here for the post), the Rangers have recalled Jason Ellison to take David Murphy’s spot on the roster. He really shouldn’t bring much value to fantasy owners and can be ignored for the time being.
- The Baltimore Orioles traded Chad Bradford to the Tampa Bay Rays in exchange for a player to be named later, according to Marc Topkin of The St. Petersburg Times (click here for the post). It’s a good move for the Rays, who did not do anything at the deadline, but it really doesn’t bring much value for fantasy owners.