by Eric Stashin (aka The Rotoprofessor)
Kickers are often overlooked, but there are times where they could actually be the difference between winning and losing in a given week. Who is the best options for Week 7? Let’s take a look:
- Stephen Gostkowski – New England Patriots – vs. Chicago
- Dan Bailey – Dallas Cowboys – vs. Washington
- Adam Vinatieri – Indianapolis Colts – at Pittsburgh
- Blair Walsh – Minnesota Vikings – at Tampa Bay
- Justin Tucker – Baltimore Ravens – at Cincinnati
- Nick Novak – San Diego Chargers – at Denver
- Nick Folk – New York Jets – vs. Buffalo
- Caleb Sturgis – Miami Dolphins – at Jacksonville
- Dan Carpenter – Buffalo Bills – at New York Jets
- Matt Prater – Detroit Lions – at Atlanta
- Cairo Santos – Kansas City Chiefs – vs. St. Louis
- Chandler Catanzaro – Arizona Cardinals – vs. Philadelphia
- Cody Parkey – Philadelphia Eagles – at Arizona
- Randy Bullock – Houston Texans – at Tennessee
- Steven Hauschka – Seattle Seahawks – at Carolina
- Nick Novak has been one of the best kickers in the league this season (14 field goals made) and is kicking in Denver, so you would think that there would be a lot to like. However the Broncos have actually only allowed 8 field goals on the season. That’s not to say that we are going to push him down the rankings, it just means that he shouldn’t be overly inflated either.
- You could argue that Nick Folk is the most valuable player to the Jets’ offense (though things are starting to look better after Chris Ivory’s performance and the addition of Percy Harvin). Folk has connected on 7 field goals of at least 40 yards and draws a Bills’ defense that has allowed 14 field goals on the season (just three off the league lead).
- The Dolphins offense is picking up steam and the Jaguars have allowed 17 field goals on the season. In other words, there’s a lot to like with Caleb Sturgis for the coming week.
- After struggling in his first week Matt Prater hit his lone attempt in Week 7. We all know he has the upside of one of the elite kickers in the league and draws an Atlanta defense that has allowed 19 extra points and 14 field goals on the season.
Make sure to check out all of our Week 8 rankings: