by Eric Stashin (aka The Rotoprofessor)
Kickers are often overlooked, but there are times where they could actually be the difference between winning and losing in a given week. Who is the best options for Week 9? Let’s take a look:
- Stephen Gostkowski – New England Patriots – vs. Denver
- Justin Tucker – Baltimore Ravens – at Pittsburgh
- Phil Dawson – San Francisco 49ers – vs. St. Louis
- Cody Parkey – Philadelphia Eagles – at Houston
- Adam Vinatieri – Indianapolis Colts – at New York Giants
- Graham Gano – Carolina Panthers – vs. New Orleans
- Dan Bailey – Dallas Cowboys – vs. Arizona
- Nick Folk – New York Jets – at Kansas City
- Billy Cundiff – Cleveland Browns – vs. Tampa Bay
- Mike Nugent – Cincinnati Bengals – vs. Jacksonville
- Blair Walsh – Minnesota Vikings – vs. Washington
- Steven Hauschka – Seattle Seahawks – vs. Oakland
- Shayne Graham – New Orleans Saints – at Carolina
- Cairo Santos – Kansas City Chiefs – vs. New York Jets
- Brandon McManus – Denver Broncos – at New England
- Justin Tucker has been one of the best kickers in the league, with 18 field goals made including 3 from at least 50 yards. With the Steelers having allowed 19 field goals on the season, tied for most in the league, there’s an awful lot to like.
- Over the past two seasons in New Orleans Graham Gano has connected on 5 of 7 attempts over two games. That’s a lot of opportunities, and given the offensive issues in Carolina there’s a good chance they are settling for three points often once again (he hit 3 field goals in Week 8).
- The best offensive player for the Jets? Nick Folk, and the scary thing is most people wouldn’t even argue. Could he get more chances now that Michael Vick is going to be under center? Fantasy owners could only hope.
Make sure to check out all of our Week 9 rankings: