by Eric Stashin (aka The Rotoprofessor)
Kickers are often overlooked, but there are times where they could actually be the difference between winning and losing in a given week. Who is the best options for Week 11? Let’s take a look:
- Adam Vinatieri – Indianapolis Colts – vs. New England
- Stephen Gostkowski – New England Patriots – at Indianapolis
- Phil Dawson – San Francisco 49ers – at New York Giants
- Mason Crosby – Green Bay Packers – vs. Philadelphia
- Caleb Sturgis – Miami Dolphins – vs. Buffalo
- Nick Novak – San Diego Chargers – vs. Oakland
- Shayne Graham – New Orleans Saints – vs. Cincinnati
- Graham Gano – Carolina Panthers – vs. Atlanta
- Blair Walsh – Minnesota Vikings – at Chicago
- Kai Forbath – Washington Redskins – vs. Tampa Bay
- Shaun Suisham – Pittsburgh Steelers – at Tennessee
- Matt Bryant – Atlanta Falcons – at Carolina
- Mike Nugent – Cincinnati Bengals – at New Orleans
- Cody Parkey – Philadelphia Eagles – at Green Bay
- Steve Hauschka – Seattle Seahawks – at Kansas City
- Surprised to see Caleb Sturgis ranked so highly? You may not realize that he’s connected on 3 field goals in back-to-back games and at least 2 field goals in four straight. He’s made 10 field goals in four home games this season and is 23-for-29 there for his career (79.3%). The Bills’ defense is tough, but he’s still going to be a recommended option this week.
- The Chicago Bears’ defense looks completely lost right now, having allowed 31 extra points and 20 field goals on the season. While we wouldn’t necessarily expect the Minnesota Vikings to light up the scoreboard, how could you not like Blair Walsh for the coming week? He’s connected on nine field goals of at least 40 yards and should be in line for a big day.
- It’s easy to overlook Nick Novak, given his lack of opportunities in recent weeks (he actually hasn’t attempted a field goal in the past two games). That said, the last time he faced the Raiders he connected on 4 extra points and 1 field goal and could be in store for a big day.
Make sure to check out all of our Week 11 rankings:
*** Make sure to pre-order Rotoprofessor’s 2015 Fantasy Baseball Draft Guide, complete with projections of over 500 players, expended rankings, sleepers, Top 50 prospects and so much more (including constant updates up until opening day). For just $5 (through November, then the cost will increase to $6) you will get everything you need to dominate your fantasy league! For more information and to place your order, click here. ***