by Eric Stashin (aka The Rotoprofessor)
It’s playoff time, and for some that means the fantasy season continues (or at least participating in a one-week format, such as Fantasy Score)! Who is the best quarterback option for the first week of games? Who is worth trusting? Let’s take a look at how we rank them for this week:
- Andrew Luck – Indianapolis Colts – vs. Cincinnati
- Cam Newton – Carolina Panthers – vs. Arizona
- Ben Roethlisberger – Pittsburgh Steelers – vs. Baltimore
- Tony Romo – Dallas Cowboys – vs. Detroit
- Matthew Stafford – Detroit Lions – at Dallas
- Andy Dalton – Cincinnati Bengals – at Indianapolis
- Joe Flacco – Baltimore Ravens – at Pittsburgh
- Ryan Lindley – Arizona Cardinals – at Carolina
- Arizona’s defense has been hurt in recent weeks by quarterbacks who can use their feet. Colin Kaepernick got them for 204 yards and 2 TD through the air and an additional 63 yards on the ground in Week 17. In Week 16 Russell Wilson had 339 yards and 2 TD through the air, with an additional 88 yards and 1 TD on the ground (in just 6 attempts). With Cam Newton looking healthy (51 yards and 1 TD on the ground in Week 17), it’s hard not to love him this week.
- Roethlisberger avoids a start on the road, though that’s no longer the “negative” that it once was (over 350 yards in each of his last two games on the road). He also torched the Ravens the last time they met, coming in Pittsburgh, throwing for 340 yards and 6 TD. While there’s little chance that he reaches those levels, there’s a good chance he produces once again.
*** Make sure to pre-order Rotoprofessor’s 2015 Fantasy Baseball Draft Guide for just $6 today, complete with projections of over 500 players, expended rankings, sleepers, Top 50 prospects and so much more (including constant updates up until opening day). For more information and to place your order, click here. ***