by Eric Stashin (aka The Rotoprofessor)
Two weeks in and we’re starting to get a feel for who the better defenses in the league are, but there’s still a bit of uncertainty. The stats are easily skewed due to one bad performance, and two games is simply too small of a sample size. With that in mind, let’s take a look at how the rankings stand for Week 3:
- Seattle Seahawks – vs. Chicago
- Denver Broncos – at Detroit
- Houston Texans – vs. Tampa Bay
- Carolina Panthers – vs. New Orleans
- Arizona Cardinals – vs. San Francisco
- New England Patriots – vs. Jacksonville
- Buffalo Bills – at Miami
- New York Jets – vs. Philadelphia
- Cleveland Browns – vs. Oakland
- Cincinnati Bengals – at Baltimore
- Miami Dolphins – vs. Buffalo
- Indianapolis Colts – at Tennessee
- Baltimore Ravens – vs. Cincinnati
- St. Louis Rams – vs. Pittsburgh
- Minnesota Vikings – vs. San Diego
- Drew Brees is banged up and the Saints are an offense that is struggling anyways (19 points per game). With Carolina’s defense making plays (6 sacks, 3 interceptions), they are well worth utilizing this week and among the top five options in the league.
- The Jets are a strong defense, but the Eagles offense has the potential to click at any minute. That’s not to say that New York isn’t a must play, especially given how bad Philadelphia has looked for much of the season, just know that there is a little bit of a risk.
- The Buffalo Bills got beat up a bit by Tom Brady and the New England Patriots. Is that really something we are about to hold against them? The Dolphins are hardly the Patriots and they should be in line for a big bounce back week.
Make sure to check out all of our 2015 rankings: