by Eric Stashin (aka The Rotoprofessor)
It’s easy to overlook the defense you utilize, though at the end of the day it could actually make the difference between winning and losing. Which defense is the best one to utilize for Week 13? Who could help to ruin your week? Let’s take a look:
- Denver Broncos – at Jacksonville
- New England Patriots – vs. Los Angeles
- Philadelphia Eagles – at Cincinnati
- Seattle Seahawks – vs. Carolina
- Baltimore Ravens – vs. Miami
- Arizona Cardinals – vs. Washington
- Miami Dolphins – at Baltimore
- Kansas City Chiefs – at Atlanta
- New York Giants – at Pittsburgh
- Minnesota Vikings – vs. Dallas
- San Diego Chargers – vs. Tampa Bay
- New Orleans Saints – vs. Detroit
- Buffalo Bills – at Oakland
- Los Angeles Rams – at New England
- Atlanta Falcons – vs. Kansas City
- The Cincinnati Bengals have actually been among the lowest scoring teams in the league this season, and the bulk of that was played with A.J. Green and Giovani Bernard in the lineup. With those two out things look that much bleaker, plus they’ve been prone to allowing sacks (32). The Eagles have been a solid defense this season so there’s reason to believe that they’ll continue as such for another week.
- The pressure is going to be on Ryan Tannehill and company, as the Ravens have yielded the fewest points per week to opposing running backs this season. Can he step up and deliver? Time will tell, but Baltimore seems like a pretty good bet under the circumstances.
- You can argue that the resurgence of the Giants’ defense has come against some of the worst offenses in the league (they’ve faced the Bears and Browns over the past two weeks). That’s fair, but they have been an improved unit for more than two weeks as they have been the key to the team’s current six-game winning streak (16 sacks and 4 INT over the past four weeks). It’s an extremely difficult matchup, but don’t ignore them because of it.
*** Pre-Order Rotoprofessor’s 2017 Fantasy Baseball Draft Guide for Just $5.50 By Clicking Here!! ***
Make sure to check out all of our Week 13 rankings: