by Eric Stashin (aka The Rotoprofessor)
At this point we’ve all learned that kickers can’t be ignored, as the missed extra point epidemic continues to grow. Which kickers can we trust? Which have proven to be too risky? Let’s take a look:
- Dan Bailey – Dallas Cowboys – at Minnesota
- Matt Prater – Detroit Lions – at New Orleans
- Brandon McManus – Denver Broncos – at Jacksonville
- Stephen Gostkowski – New England Patriots – vs. Los Angeles
- Justin Tucker – Baltimore Ravens – vs. Miami
- Adam Vinatieri – Indianapolis Colts – at New York Jets
- Steven Hauschka – Seattle Seahawks – vs. Carolina
- Josh Lambo – San Diego Chargers – vs. Tampa Bay
- Dustin Hopkins – Washington Redskins – at Arizona
- Matt Bryant – Atlanta Falcons – vs. Kansas City
- Will Lutz – New Orleans Saints – vs. Detroit
- Nick Novak – Houston Texans – at Green Bay
- Cairo Santos – Kansas City Chiefs – at Atlanta
- Mason Crosby – Green Bay Packers – vs. Houston
- Chris Boswell – Pittsburgh Steelers – vs. New York Giants
- Don’t look at Brandon McManus as solely a product of his home stadium, as his furthest field goal (55 yards) actually came on the road (though he’s 2-5 from 50+ yards overall) and he’s 23-for-27 overall on field goal attempts. With the Jaguars allowing 26 field goals (second most in the league), he’s well worth utilizing.
- Matt Prater has hit 13 field goals of at least 40 yards (including a perfect 4-for-4 from 50+ yards). That alone is promising, plus the game is going to be played in a dome in what should be a high scoring affair. It’s hard not to push him towards the top of the rankings.
- While Dustin Hopkins is coming off a less than stellar performance against the Cowboys (2-for-4 on field goal attempts), he has attempted 4 field goals in three of his past four games. It’s easy to expect that many opportunities to continue, especially against a fairly strong Arizona defense.
*** Pre-Order Rotoprofessor’s 2017 Fantasy Baseball Draft Guide for Just $5.50 By Clicking Here!! ***
Make sure to check out all of our Week 13 rankings: