by Eric Stashin (aka The Rotoprofessor)
We all want to ignore the kicker… I mean really, we all don’t want to be bothered, do we? However as is the case with defenses every point matters and it would be a shame if your week went bad because of decision you chose to ignore. Let’s take a look at how things stand for the coming week:
- Dan Bailey – Dallas Cowboys – at Denver
- Stephen Gostkowski – New England Patriots – at New Orleans
- Matt Bryant – Atlanta Falcons – vs. Green Bay
- Justin Tucker – Baltimore Ravens – vs. Cleveland
- Blair Walsh – Seattle Seahawks – vs. San Francisco
- Giorgio Tavecchio – Oakland Raiders – vs. New York Jets
- Will Lutz – New Orleans Saints – vs. New England
- Mason Crosby – Green Bay Packers – at Atlanta
- Matt Prater – Detroit Lions – at New York Giants
- Graham Gano – Carolina Panthers – vs. Buffalo
- Cairo Santos – Kansas City Chiefs – at Philadelphia
- Chris Boswell – Pittsburgh Steelers – vs. Minnesota
- Phil Dawson – Arizona Cardinals – at Indianapolis
- Jason Myers – Jacksonville Jaguars – vs. Tennessee
- Greg Zuerlein – Los Angeles Rams – vs. Washington
- Dan Bailey was a perfect 4-for-4 on field goal attempts in Week 1, with a long of 48 yards. While we wouldn’t expect the Cowboys to have to settle for field goals so often, they do face a tough defense and he will benefit from kicking the thin air of Denver. It’s impossible not to view him as one of the top options in the league.
- With Sebastian Janikowski placed on the IR the Raiders turned to Giorgio Tavecchio to fill the void and he delivered in Week 1. He went 4-4 on his field goals, including a pair from 50+, as well as hitting two extra points. With how bad the Jets are, he could be in store for a big week.
- After watching the Giants’ bend but not break defense in Week 1, would it be surprising to see a big day from Matt Prater?