by Ray Kuhn
This week things get a little easier, as there are just four teams on bye. Of course, you are going to want to do more than just making sure that your kicker is active and healthy, as every point you can is vital. Let’s take a look at how our options rank for Week 10:
- Matt Prater – Detroit Lions – vs. Cleveland
- Greg Zuerlein – Los Angeles Rams – vs. Houston
- Stephen Gostkowski – New England Patriots – at Denver
- Chris Boswell – Pittsburgh Steelers – at Indianapolis
- Ryan Succop – Tennessee Titans – vs. Cincinnati
- Matt Bryant – Atlanta Falcons – vs. Dallas
- Stephen Hauschka – Buffalo Bills – vs. New Orleans
- Kai Forbath – Minnesota Vikings – at Washington
- Will Lutz – New Orleans Saints – at Buffalo
- Josh Lambo – Jacksonville Jaguars – vs. LA Chargers
- Adam Vinatieri – Indianapolis Colts – vs. Pittsburgh
- Mike Nugent – Dallas Cowboys – at Atlanta
- Robbie Gould – San Francisco 49ers – vs. New York Giants
- Brandon McManus – Denver Broncos – vs. New England
- Mason Crosby – Green Bay Packers – at Chicago
- Matt Prater at home, in a dome? Sign me up for that. My excitement for Prater is also bolstered by the fact that the Lions take on the Browns; who have allowed the 5th most points this season. Detroit has shown the ability to move the ball down the field so far this season, but they also have had a habit of stalling once they reach the red zone. And that means there is plenty of opportunity each week for Prater. Prater did miss one on his of four field goal attempts last week, but it came from 55 yards out. In fact, it was Prater’s third miss from beyond 50 yards so far this season, but he has converted on five of those kicks so far this season. Those are the only missed field goals Prater has so far this season, 18 overall, while he is perfect on his 18 extra point attempts.
- There are few offenses I like more this week than the Steelers. Yes, they are on the road, but they are coming off a bye week and are only traveling to the friendly confines of Indianapolis to take on the Colts. Those very Colts have allowed the seventh most points to opposing kickers so far this season, and Chris Boswell should be very busy. One issue with Boswell, is that he hasn’t even attempted a field goal from beyond 50 yards, but he is five of six on kicks between 40 and 49 yards. Through eight games, Boswell is averaging 2.5 field goal attempts and just under two extra points per game, but against the Colts on Sunday, he figures to be busy. And with just two missed field goals all season, he has proven to be efficient.
- If you didn’t realize Mike Nugent was still in the league, you are forgiven. Thanks to Dan Bailey’s injury, Nugent now calls Dallas home, and this week he gets to face the Falcons. That is noteworthy, because Atlanta has allowed the most fantasy points to opposing kickers so far this season. With the game taking place in a dome (Atlanta), we don’t have to worry about weather, and the match-up leads us to a take a look at Nugent. In two games, he didn’t attempt a field goal last week, Nugent has made four of his five goals while converting all seven of his extra point attempts. You can’t knock the Cowboys for not giving Nugent chances to put up points, and I would expect to see that continue this week.
** PRE-SALE **
This weekend only, Pre-order Rotoprofessor’s 2018 Fantasy Baseball Draft Guide for just $6.25!! Click here for the details, but don’t miss out on the best bargain in fantasy baseball preparation.
Make sure to check out all of our Week 10 Rankings: