by Eric Stashin (aka The Rotoprofessor)
No one wants to let a kicker ruin their season, do they? With every decision looming large as the fantasy playoffs grow near, it would be easy to overlook the position and instead focus on your wide receivers or running backs or quarterbacks. That could prove costly, though, so let’s take a look at the potential options for Week 13:
- Stephen Gostkowski – New England Patriots – at Buffalo
- Will Lutz – New Orleans Saints – vs. Carolina
- Greg Zuerlein – Los Angeles Rams – at Arizona
- Matt Bryant – Atlanta Falcons – vs. Minnesota
- Matt Prater – Detroit Lions – at Baltimore
- Justin Tucker – Baltimore Ravens – vs. Detroit
- Graham Gano – Carolina Panthers – at New Orleans
- Patrick Murray – Tampa Bay Buccaneers – at Green Bay
- Chris Boswell – Pittsburgh Steelers – at Cincinnati
- Ryan Succop – Tennessee Titans – vs. Houston
- Jake Elliott – Philadelphia Eagles – at Seattle
- Kai Forbath – Minnesota Vikings – at Atlanta
- Stephen Hauschka – Buffalo Bills – vs. New England
- Kai’imi Fairbarn – Houston Texans – at Yennessee
- Cairo Santos – Chicago Bears – vs. San Francisco
- The Carolina Panthers don’t give up a lot of points to opposing kickers, but Lutz connected on 4 extra points and two field goals against them back in Week 3. He’s been one of the most consistent options this season, including at least 2 field goals in five of his past six games. It’s hard to argue with the results and we’d slot him in all lineups for this week.
- Chris Boswell has had a few big games this season, one of which came against the Cincinnati Bengals (2 extra points and 5 field goals). The question comes down to if he’s going to get enough opportunities, something that hasn’t been the case in most weeks. That suppresses his value, but there’s enough to consider using him.
- Jake Elliott has had some huge weeks and the offense is rolling overall, but that has meant just 1 field goal attempt in each of the past three games. There’s upside, but also far too much downside to rank him highly for this week.
Make sure to check out all of our Week 13 rankings: