by Ray Kuhn
Unless you have a truly elite option at defense there is no reason not to be streaming (and looking towards Week 16) at this point in the season. Let’s jump right into how our options rank:
- New Orleans Saints – vs. New York Jets
- Jacksonville Jaguars – vs. Houston
- Baltimore Ravens – at Cleveland
- Philadelphia Eagles – at New York Giants
- Denver Broncos – at Indianapolis
- Detroit Lions – vs. Chicago
- Minnesota Vikings – vs. Cincinnati
- Atlanta Falcons – at Tampa Bay
- Buffalo Bills – vs. Miami
- Seattle Seahawks – vs. Los Angeles Rams
- Dallas Cowboys – at Oakland
- Washington Redskins – vs. Arizona
- Los Angeles Chargers – at Kansas City
- Los Angeles Rams – at Seattle
- Arizona Cardinals – at Washington
- Can we really expect much of anything from Bryce Petty? Based on what we have seen over his brief career and what we saw from the Jets last week, it is a pretty easy no. That should mean only good things for the Saints defense. This is especially true in a game the Jets will likely be trailing and forced to lean on Petty. So far this season New Orleans has been worthy of being started in all leagues, and they likely will add to the 14 interceptions and 34 sacks they have.
- As far as streaming options go, the Lions are owned in 57% of ESPN leagues and they have a favorable match-up. The Bears did put up some points last week against the Bengals, but Mitch Trubisky is not a quarterback who is going to put fear into opposing defenses. Overall the Lions have, almost surprisingly, been a borderline Top-5 defense, and that is due in part to their seven touchdowns. It also helps that the Bears have allowed the sixth most points to opposing defenses this season.
- It’s hard to put too much stock into the Colts’ struggles on offense last week, after all they played in a legit snow event, but they haven’t put up much resistance all season. In fact, opposing defenses have scored the third most points against Indianapolis and that is a trend we can expect to continue. While Denver is not the top defense they have been in years past, they still have been worthy of your starting lineup in most weeks. The good news is that the Broncos have three interceptions and six sacks in the last two weeks.
** PRE-SALE **
This weekend only, Pre-order Rotoprofessor’s 2018 Fantasy Baseball Draft Guide for just $6.25!! Click here for the details, but don’t miss out on the best bargain in fantasy baseball preparation.
Make sure to check out all of our Week 15 rankings: