by Ray Kuhn
As we look forward to this week it is clear that there are a multitude of match-ups that are far from appealing. What that does mean is that from the perspective of fantasy defenses there are some options out there. While they might not truly jump off the page at you, there should at least be limited risk. With that being said, let’s take a look at how our options rank:
- New York Jets – vs. Buffalo
- Kansas City Chiefs – vs. Arizona
- LA Rams – vs. Seattle
- Chicago Bears – vs. Detroit
- Indianapolis Colts – vs. Jacksonville
- Washington Redskins – at Tampa Bay
- LA Chargers – at Oakland
- Carolina Panthers – at Pittsburgh
- Buffalo Bills – at NY Jets
- Atlanta Falcons – at Cleveland
- Jacksonville Jaguars – at Indianapolis
- Cleveland Browns – vs. Atlanta
- New England Patriots – at Tennessee
- San Francisco 49ers – vs. NY Giants
- Miami Dolphins – at Green Bay
- Just because the Bills are pretty close to being unwatchable and generally ignored from a fantasy perspective, it doesn’t mean we should just dismiss them. And no I’m not looking to do anything crazy and count on Nathan Peterman to provide fantasy value, instead I am looking at their defense. While the offense doesn’t do their teammates any favors, Buffalo’s defense has held their own. They are facing an offense that isn’t much better than their own in Week 10, and at 19.6% ownership they should be targeted. The New York Jets have failed to generate a consistent running game, their center can’t be counted on to snap the ball cleanly, penalties are an issue, options at the skill positions are lacking and Sam Darnold will also be sidelined. While the Bills only have six interceptions under their belt, they do have 22 sacks. This isn’t exactly an every week play, but the Bills should be a popular option for Week 10.
- The focus is always going to be on Kansas City’s offense, but while their defense isn’t what it was in years past it also shouldn’t be ignored. In fact they are still coming in as a borderline Top 5 defense, and their opponent this week (Arizona) has allowed the second most points to opposing defenses so far this season. The Chiefs with their consistent quarterback pressure (26 sacks) should be able to take advantage of Josh Rosen. With an interception in each of the past three weeks, Kansas City should continue that streak against the rookie quarterback and with the Chiefs’ offense likely to have a strong game, Rosen will be forced to play catch-up which should put him on his heels.
- One defense that doesn’t have the best of reputations is the Colts. Owned in just 14% of leagues Indianapolis faces a Jaguars team, that while they appear to be getting Leonard Fournette back are allowing the seventh most points to opposing fantasy defenses. In five of their eight games the Colts have allowed 28 points or more, they still have yet to have negative scoring day. With nine interceptions, seven fumble recoveries and 19 sacks, Indianapolis does enough to generate some value.
Make sure to check out all of our Week 10 rankings: