Let’s take a look at how I rank the top defenses for the upcoming week:
- Pittsburgh Steelers – at Tampa Bay
- Baltimore Ravens – vs. Cleveland
- Minnesota Vikings – vs. Detroit
- Philadelphia Eagles – at Jacksonville
- New England Patriots – vs. Buffalo
- New York Jets – at Miami
- Green Bay Packers – at Chicago
- Cincinnati Bengals – at Carolina
- New York Giants – vs. Tennessee
- San Francisco 49ers – at Kansas City
- San Diego Chargers – at Seattle
- Washington Redskins – at St. Louis
- Miami Dolphins – vs. New York Jets
- Indianapolis Colts – vs. Denver
- Oakland Raiders – at Arizona
- The Steelers looked like the best defense in the league last week, completely stifling the Titans offense. Considering the Buccaneers are not an elite offense, things could get ugly.
- While the Packers defense is good, the Bears offense could be up to the task. Which side is going to win? It’s certainly going to be an intriguing matchup, making it tough to depend on the Packers defense.
- The Jets defense should fair just fine against Miami, but you have to know them down a notch due to the absence of Darrelle Revis.
- The Giants defense is a good bet to rebound after the thrashing they took from the Colts, but Chris Johnson has just as much to prove. They are a low-end play, but it’s certainly a risk.
- It will be interesting to see what type of pressure the Bengals bring at rookie quarterback Jimmy Claussen in his first NFL start. I know the Bengals defense hasn’t been great this season, but the shootout with the Patriots certainly helps to skew the numbers.
What are your thoughts on these rankings? Who’s too high? Who’s too low?
Make sure to check out the rest of our Week 3 Rankings: