While kickers certainly may not be the most important aspect of your fantasy team, they aren’t irrelevant either. Let’s take a look at how I rank them for the upcoming week:
- Mason Crosby – Green Bay Packers – vs. Detroit
- Jeff Reed – Pittsburgh Steelers – vs. Baltimore
- Nate Kaeding – San Diego Chargers – vs. Arizona
- Neil Rackers – Houston Texans – at Oakland
- Mike Nugent – Cincinnati Bengals – at Cleveland
- Sebastian Janikowski – Oakland Raiders – vs. Houston
- Robbie Gould – Chicago Bears – at New York Giants
- David Akers – Philadelphia Eagles – vs. Washington
- Dan Carpenter – Miami Dolphins – vs. New England
- Stephen Gostkowski – New England Patriots – at Miami
- Rob Bironas – Tennessee Titans – vs. Denver
- John Carney – New Orleans Saints – vs. Carolina
- Matt Bryant – Atlanta Falcons – vs. San Francisco
- Matt Prater – Denver Broncos – at Tennessee
- Nick Folk – New York Jets – at Buffalo
- The Saints are going to sit down Garrett Hartley, who has struggled over the first three weeks, in favor of the newly signed John Carney. With the Saints likely to score a lot versus Carolina, you have to like Carney as a potential low-end option.
- The Steelers/Ravens game is likely going to be a ground it out game, with points potentially hard to come by. That doesn’t even mention the fact that Jeff Reed is 8-for-10 on field goal attempts on the season. He’s going to be a good play this week.
- While Kaeding has connected on just two field goals thus far, there’s no need to panic. He should produce before you know it.
- Sebastian Janikowski may have missed a potential game winning field goal in Week 3 and has missed his fair share overall (8-13), but the amount of opportunities is mind boggling. There’s little doubt that he’ll get his fair share of chances once again this week, meaning he’s worth using in all formats.
What are your thoughts on these rankings? Who’s too high? Who’s too low?
Make sure to check out the rest of our Week 4 Rankings:
- Top 25 Quarterbacks
- Top 40 Running Backs
- Top 60 Wide Receivers
- Top 20 Tight Ends
- Top 15 Defenses
- Waiver Worthy For Week 4
- Start ‘Em or Sit ‘Em
- Sunday Sleepers