Let’s take a look at how I would rank the Top 15 Kickers for Week 5:
- Matt Prater – Denver Broncos – at Baltimore
- John Carney – New Orleans – at Arizona
- Mason Crosby – Green Bay Packers – at Washington
- Neil Rackers – Houston Texans – vs. New York Giants
- Mike Nugent – Cincinnati Bengals – vs. Tampa Bay
- Matt Bryant – Atlanta Falcons – at Cleveland
- Graham Gano – Washington Redskins – vs. Green Bay
- David Buehler – Dallas Cowboys – vs. Tennessee
- Nick Folk – New York Jets – vs. Minnesota
- Ryan Longwell – Minnesota Vikings – at New York Jets
- David Akers – Philadelphia Eagles – at San Francisco
- Sebastian Janikowski – Oakland Raiders – vs. San Diego
- Robbie Gould – Chicago Bears – at Carolina
- Josh Scobee – Jacksonville Jaguars – at Buffalo
- Nate Kaeding – San Diego Chargers – at Oakland
- Would it surprise anyone if the Jets-Vikings game was a ground out, smash mouth, low scoring affair? That certainly makes both Nick Folk and Ryan Longwell attractive options, as both could have numerous opportunities.
- Matt Bryant and Mike Nugent are tied for the league lead in field goals, each having gone 10-for-11 thus far. Nugent, however, has hit a pair from over 50 yards. He’s the better option because of that, but both have proven usable.
- Besides Nugent, the only other kicker to hit two from 50 yards is Josh Scobee, who gets the Bills this week in Buffalo. He’s certainly an option worth considering.
- Matt Prater is a perfect 8-8 in field goals this season, including one from over 50 yards. With the Ravens defense on the horizon, it wouldn’t be a surprise to see the Broncos come up short of the end zone a few times, instead settling for three-points.
- The Tennessee Titans have allowed 11 field goals this season. That certainly bodes well for David Buehler’s potential to produce.
What are your thoughts on these rankings? Who’s too high? Who’s too low?
Make sure to check out the rest of our Week 5 Rankings:
- Top 25 Quarterbacks
- Top 40 Running Backs
- Top 60 Wide Receivers
- Top 20 Tight Ends
- Top 15 Defenses
- Waiver Worthy
- Start ‘Em or Sit ‘Em
- Sunday Sleepers