Let’s take a look at how I would rank the Top 15 Kickers for Week 6:
- Nick Folk – New York Jets – at Denver
- Josh Scobee – Jacksonville Jaguars – vs. Tennessee
- Nate Kaeding – San Diego Chargers – at St. Louis
- Matt Bryant – Atlanta Falcons – at Philadelphia
- Mason Crosby – Green Bay Packers – vs. Miami
- Rob Bironas – Tennessee Titans – at Jacksonville
- Neil Rackers – Houston Texans – vs. Kansas City
- Robbie Gould – Chicago Bears – vs. Seattle
- Stephen Gostkowski – New England Patriots – vs. Baltimore
- Sebastian Janikowski – Oakland Raiders – at San Francisco
- Jeff Reed – Pittsburgh Steelers – vs. Cleveland
- Matt Prater – Denver Broncos – vs. New York Jets
- Adam Vinatieri – Indianapolis Colts – at Washington
- David Akers – Philadelphia Eagles – vs. Atlanta
- Ryan Longwell – Minnesota Vikings – vs. Dallas
- Three kickers are tied for the NFL lead in field goals with 12: Matt Bryant, Nick Folk and Mike Nugent. While Nugent has the week off, the other two are solid plays this week, especially Folk kicking in the thin air of Denver. He has hit from over 50 yards once this season and certainly has the potential to do so again.
- Josh Scobee is a perfect 10-10 this season, including seven from 40-49 yards and two from over 50 yards. He’s not just drilling kicks, he’s drilling kicks from long distances. Considering Tennessee’s defense has allowed more field goals then anyone (13), he’s a great play this week.
- Garrett Hartley may have regained the Saints kicking job, but that doesn’t mean you have to trust him quite yet. I’d be skeptical to use him until he proves worthy.
- We all know that Janikowski has a big leg, but he has actually missed five kicks already this season. If your league takes points away for missed kicks, his value has to be downgraded some, especially since the majority of kicks he’s missed have been from long distances. He is 1-3 from 40-49 yards and 2-4 from 50+ yards.
- While Graham Gano is 11-14 on the season, he has gone 7-8 from under 30 yards. Clearly, it’s not that he’s making kicks from any real distance, which does limit his value somewhat.
What are your thoughts on these rankings? Who’s too high? Who’s too low?
Make sure to check out the rest of our Week 6 Rankings: