Let’s take a look at how I would rank the Top 15 Kickers for Week 8:
- Rob Bironas – Tennessee Titans – at San Diego
- Sebastian Janikowski – Oakland Raiders – vs. Seattle
- Mike Nugent – Cincinnati Bengals – vs. Miami
- Matt Prater – Denver Broncos – at San Francisco
- Josh Scobee – Jacksonville Jaguars – at Dallas
- Adam Vinatieri – Indianapolis Colts – vs. Houston
- Kris Brown – San Diego Chargers – vs. Tennessee
- Nick Folk – New York Jets – vs. Green Bay
- Dan Carpenter – Miami Dolphins – at Cincinnati
- Connor Barth – Tampa Bay Buccaneers – at Arizona
- Jason Hanson – Detroit Lions – vs. Washington
- Neil Rackers – Houston Texans – at Indianapolis
- Mason Crosby – Green Bay Packers – at New York Jets
- Jeff Reed – Pittsburgh Steelers – at New Orleans
- David Buehler – Dallas Cowboys – vs. Jacksonville
- Sebastian Janikowski continues to hit kicks after a slow start to his season. Forget about the eight extra points he had last week, because that’s highly unlikely to happen again, but he’s 7-for-7 on field goals in his last four games. With a league leading 15 field goals on the season, he has to be viewed as one of the best options in the league.
- Some of the kickers expected to be among the best in the league have not lived up to the preseason expectations. Mason Crosby, who is 9-for-12 on the year, has to be included in that group. Yes, he’s hit five field goals from over 40 yards, but there are better options likely available at this point. He has the potential, but is just a low-end option this week.
- The Tennessee Titans have allowed a league leading 18 field goals this season. Kris Brown, who is filling in for the injured Nate Kaeding, went 2-for-3 this past week, with both of his makes being from 32 yards or less. Of course, he hit from 56 yards last season and 57 in 2007. Considering the matchup he’s well worth using.
- Josh Scobee is a perfect 13-for-13, including nine kicks from at least 40 yards. That’s tremendous success to say the least.
- Would it surprise anyone if Dallas has to settle for a few more field goal attempts this week? Consider Buehler a low-end option at this point.
What are your thoughts on these rankings? Who’s too high? Who’s too low?
Make sure to check out our Week 8 Rankings: