Let’s take a look at how I would rank the Top 15 Kickers for Week 9:
- Sebastian Janikowski – Oakland Raiders – vs. Kansas City
- Dan Carpenter – Miami Dolphins – at Baltimore
- Adam Vinatieri – Indianapolis Colts – at Philadelphia
- Robbie Gould – Chicago Bears – at Buffalo
- Mason Crosby – Green Bay Packers – vs. Dallas
- Mike Nugent – Cincinnati Bengals – vs. Pittsburgh
- Nick Folk – New York Jets – at Detroit
- David Akers – Philadelphia Eagles – vs. Indianapolis
- Matt Bryant – Atlanta Falcons – vs. Tampa Bay
- Ryan Longwell – Minnesota Vikings – vs. Arizona
- Stephen Gostkowski – New England Patriots – at Cleveland
- Jeff Reed – Pittsburgh Steelers – at Cincinnati
- Neil Rackers – Houston Texans – vs. San Diego
- Lawrence Tynes – New York Giants – at Seattle
- Jason Hanson – Detroit Lions – vs. New York Jets
- Sebastian Janikowski continues to kick well, despite missing a field goal in Week 8. Over his last five games he’s 11-for-12. In the past two weeks he’s hit 11 extra points. The Raiders have suddenly become a high-powered machine, and the strong-legged Janikowski is certainly reaping the benefits.
- We all know that Mason Crosby is among the better kickers in the league, assuming he gets an opportunity to make some field goals. Last week was only the second time he’s tried more then two field goals in a game in 2010. He’s worth considering a Top 5 option this week against a Cowboys team that is spiraling out of control, however.
- The Arizona Cardinals are tied for second, having allowed 17 field goals on the season (the Tennessee Titans lead the way, having allowed 20). Thus far this season Ryan Longwell has never attempted more then one field goal in a game, but this could be his week. He is six-for-six and is worth considering if you are in need of a bye week fill-in.
- David Akers may have had an awful Week 7 (1-for-4), but he came back strong in Week 8, going a perfect 4-for-4. We all know he’s among the best kickers available, so don’t let one bad week deter you. He’s worth using in all formats.
What are your thoughts on these rankings? Who’s too high? Who’s too low?
Make sure to check out our Week 9 Rankings: