The fantasy playoffs for just about everyone are now underway. Who should you put your faith in at the most important time of the fantasy season? Should you depend on guys like Kyle Orton or Ben Roethlisberger? What about Josh Freeman or Sam Bradford? Let’s take a look at how things currently look:
- Peyton Manning – Indianapolis Colts – vs. Jacksonville
- Tom Brady – New England Patriots – vs. Green Bay
- Michael Vick – Philadelphia Eagles – at New York Giants
- Philip Rivers – San Diego Chargers – vs. San Francisco
- Drew Brees – New Orleans Saints – at Baltimore
- Aaron Rodgers – Green Bay Packers – at New England
- Eli Manning – New York Giants – vs. Philadelphia
- Matt Ryan – Atlanta Falcons – at Seattle
- Matt Schaub – Houston Texans – at Tennessee
- Josh Freeman – Tampa Bay Buccaneers – vs. Detroit
- Joe Flacco – Baltimore Ravens – vs. New Orleans
- Matt Cassel – Kansas City Chiefs – at St. Louis
- Kerry Collins – Tennessee Titans – vs. Houston
- Jay Cutler – Chicago Bears – at Minnesota
- Sam Bradford – St. Louis Rams – vs. Kansas City
- Jon Kitna – Dallas Cowboys – vs. Washington
- Ben Roethlisberger – Pittsburgh Steelers – vs. New York Jets
- Jason Campbell – Oakland Raiders – vs. Denver
- Carson Palmer – Cincinnati Bengals – vs. Cleveland
- Kyle Orton – Denver Broncos – at Oakland
- David Garrard – Jacksonville Jaguars – at Indianapolis
- Donovan McNabb – Washington Redskins – at Dallas
- Matt Hasselbeck – Seattle Seahawks – vs. Atlanta
- Ryan Fitzpatrick – Buffalo Bills – at Miami
- Alex Smith – San Francisco 49ers – at San Diego
- Aaron Rodgers was forced out of the Packers Week 14 loss due to a concussion. With the Packers far from a lock to earn a playoff spot, you know they are going to try and get Rodgers back onto the field, if possible. If healthy, he’s among the best in the league this week with a favorable matchup against the Patriots secondary. Keep a close eye on the news as the week progresses. At this point it appears extremely questionable if he is able to play or not, however.
- It doesn’t what the conditions are or who the defense is, Tom Brady is performing among the elite quarterbacks in the league. He has to be considered among the best with your fantasy playoffs hanging in the balance.
- While the Jets defense has not quite been as advertised, you still have to be a little hesitant going with Ben Roethlisberger against them. He’s not coming off his strongest of performances (21-33, 258 yards, 0 TD, 0 INT) and has just one touchdown pass in his last three games. This isn’t the time of year to roll the dice on the matchup outside of two-quarterback formats.
- Matt Cassel missed Week 14 due to an appendectomy, but should be able to return for Week 15. He has a favorable matchup, but this is a run first offense. I’d consider him a low-end QB1.
- Kerry Collins is coming off a big day (28-39, 244 yards, 3 TD), has Kenny Britt back and plays the worst passing defense in the league. That certainly appears to be a recipe for success, no? Consider him as a low-level QB1 if needed.
- Kyle Orton, who was among the bigger surprises in the league early on, appears to be fading quickly. Over the past two weeks he has 283 yards, 0 TD and 3 INT. He has to fall down the rankings at this point.
What are your thoughts on these rankings? Whose too high? Whose too low?
Make sure to check out the rest of our Week 15 rankings: