While kickers are often an afterthought for fantasy owners, they shouldn’t necessarily be. Let’s take a look at our Week 4 rankings:
- Sebastian Janikowski – Oakland Raiders – vs. New England
- Neil Rackers – Houston Texans – vs. Pittsburgh
- Rob Bironas – Tennessee Titans – at Cleveland
- Dan Bailey – Dallas Cowboys – vs. Detroit
- Jason Hanson – Detroit Lions – at Dallas
- David Akers – San Francisco 49ers – at Philadelphia
- Mason Crosby – Green Bay Packers – vs. Denver
- Billy Cundiff – Baltimore Ravens – vs. New York Jets
- John Kasay – New Orleans Saints – at Jacksonville
- Stephen Gostkowski – New England Patriots – at Oakland
- Robbie Gould – Chicago Bears – vs. Carolina
- Connor Barth – Tampa Bay Buccaneers – vs. Indianapolis
- Rian Lindell – Buffalo Bills – at Cincinnati
- Mike Nugent – Cincinnati Bengals – vs. Buffalo
- Ryan Longwell – Minnesota Vikings – at Kansas City
- Sebastian Janikowski is the only kicker who has attempted more than 50+ yard field goals in 2011 (and one of only five to attempt at least two). If that wasn’t enough, the Raiders have scored more than enough this season (he has 11 extra points) and should be in store for a shootout against the Patriots. There’s no reason to consider anyone else as the top option.
- The Cleveland Browns have allowed a league high 9 field goals thus far this season. Rob Bironas, meanwhile, has gone 5-for-7 and could be in line for even more opportunities with Kenny Britt out of the lineup. He’s a viable option in all formats.
- Jason Hanson has gone 8-for-8 in field goal attempts this season, including 3-for-3 from at least 40 yards. Throw in 11 extra points and likely many opportunities against the Cowboys, and you get a very good option.
- Even if Stephen Gostkowski is only a source of extra points, is anyone going to complain? He’s almost a lock for four of those every week. Throw in a field goal attempt or two and is anyone not going to use him?
Make sure to check out the rest of Rotoprofessor’s Week 4 information: