Let’s continue our Week 5 rankings by taking a look at the Top 15 Defenses for the week:
- Detroit Lions – vs. Chicago
- Tennessee Titans – at Pittsburgh
- Cincinnati Bengals – at Jacksonville
- New York Giants – vs. Seattle
- San Francisco 49ers – vs. Tampa Bay
- Pittsburgh Steelers – vs. Tennessee
- Philadelphia Eagles – at Buffalo
- Arizona Cardinals – at Minnesota
- Houston Texans – vs. Oakland
- New Orleans Saints – at Carolina
- Green Bay Packers – at Atlanta
- New York Jets – at New England
- San Diego Chargers – at Denver
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers – at San Francisco
- Kansas City Chiefs – at Indianapolis
- The Cincinnati Bengals have already been producing like one of the better defenses in the league, allowing just 18.5 points per game. That doesn’t mention the 10 sacks they have accumulated as well. Taking on the Jaguars, who are the worst offensive team in the league (9.8 points/game), they have to be considered a very good play.
- While the Packers have given up some points this season (24.2 points/game), they have 8 interceptions, 11 sacks and 3 fumble recoveries. In other words, just because they are allowing points (and a lot of that has to do with playing so far ahead), they should be considered a usable option in all formats.
- Despite the Steelers not performing like a typical Steelers defense, at least not yet, is anyone really ready to give up on them? They draw a tough matchup against Chris Johnson, who appears to be getting on track, but at the same time at least it is a team that likely won’t offer much in the passing game. I’d look for them to get back on track and continue to consider them a viable option.
- On the flipside, the Titans have allowed the fewest points per game thus far (14) and take on a Steelers team that is significantly banged up. Look for them to look to dominate.
- Yes, the Jets will likely give up plenty of points, but they bring enough potential to pick off a few passes, sack Tom Brady and maybe return something for a touchdown to consider them viable. However, they should be considered a low-end option.
***** Make sure to enter for a chance to win a free autographed Hakeem Nicks 8×10 plus cash prizes! For entry information click here. *****
Make sure to check out the rest of Rotoprofessor’s Week 5 information: