by Will Overton
Kickers might be the most unpredictable source of fantasy points but there are some things to watch and try to predict performance. Here is my best shot at ranking Week 8 Kickers:
- Jason Hanson – Detroit Lions at Denver
- John Kasay – New Orleans at St. Louis
- Dan Bailey – Dallas Cowboys vs. Philadelphia
- Billy Cundiff – Baltimore Ravens vs. Arizona
- David Akers – San Francisco 49ers vs. Cleveland
- Stephen Gostkowski – New England Patriots at Pittsburgh
- Neil Rackers – Houston Texans vs. Jacksonville
- Mike Nugent – Cincinnati Bengals at Seattle
- Nick Novak – San Diego Chargers at Kansas City
- Alex Henery – Philadelphia Eagles at Dallas
- Shaun Suisham – Pittsburgh Steelers vs. New England
- Olindo Mare – Carolina Panthers vs. Minnesota
- Rod Bironas – Tennessee Titans vs. Indianapolis
- Ryan Longwell – Minnesota Vikings at Carolina
- Dan Carpenter – Miami Dolphins at NY Giants
- One of the best kickers in the league this year so far has been Jason Hanson who has the third most points per game for a kicker. And it just so happens this week he’ll be facing the team who has given up the third most field goals in all of football. With Crosby on a bye week the number one kicker looks to be Hanson.
- Despite being the number one kicker taken in just about every draft Stephen Gostkowski has not even been a top 10 kicker thus far. This shows why you can’t take kickers solely based on the team he plays for. However the Pats do still score a lot and this week they may be kept out of the end zone more than usual so Gosktowski could have a nice week.
- Need a keeper to grab off the waiver wire? Check out Mike Nugent who isn’t owned in most leagues on Yahoo or ESPN yet he has the 8th best points per game for kickers, plays on a team whose offense is improving weekly and he has only missed a field goal once this season, making more 40+ yarders than anyone.