Let’s keep our Week 10 rankings rolling with a look at the best tight ends for the coming week. Who has the best matchup? Who has been struggling? Let’s take a look:
- Jimmy Graham – New Orleans Saints – at Atlanta
- Jason Witten – Dallas Cowboys – vs. Buffalo
- Rob Gronkowski – New England Patriots – at New York Jets
- Antonio Gates – San Diego Chargers – vs. Oakland
- Jermichael Finley – Green Bay Packers – vs. Minnesota
- Aaron Hernandez – New England Patriots – at New York Jets
- Owen Daniels – Houston Texans – at Tampa Bay
- Tony Gonzalez – Atlanta Falcons – vs. New Orleans
- Fred Davis – Washington Redskins – at Miami
- Dustin Keller – New York Jets – vs. New England
- Brandon Pettigrew – Detroit Lions – at Chicago
- Jake Ballard – New York Giants – at San Francisco
- Vernon Davis – San Francisco 49ers – vs. New York Giants
- Greg Olsen – Carolina Panthers – vs. Tennessee
- Visanthe Shiancoe – Minnesota Vikings – at Green Bay
- Brent Celek – Philadelphia Eagles – vs. Arizona
- Kellen Winslow – Tampa Bay Buccaneers – vs. Houston
- Heath Miller – Pittsburgh Steelers – at Cincinnati
- Ed Dickson – Baltimore Ravens – at Seattle
- Jared Cook – Tennessee Titans – at Carolina
- We all know that there were plenty of concerns surrounding the health of Antonio Gates, but he helped put those to rest in Week 9 by picking up 8 receptions for 96 yards and a touchdown. That goes a long way in making fantasy owners comfortable with him again, doesn’t it? In two games against the Raiders in 2010 he totaled 11 receptions for 165 yards and 2 TD. Consider him a must use option for the coming week.
- Over his last four games Vernon Davis has 12 receptions for 115 yards and 2 TD (and both touchdowns came in the same game). Unfortunately for fantasy owners the 49ers just continue to win, meaning they have no reason to change their offensive philosophy any time soon. His potential keeps him intriguing, but he’s nothing more than a low-end option right now.
- According to nfl.com the Chicago Bears are among the worst teams defensively against tight ends. With Brandon Pettigrew having shown flashes of brilliance, consider him a viable option if you are in need of a replacement this week.
- Jake Ballard just continues to get better and better, doesn’t he? He has at least 55 yards in each of his past four games and has scored a TD in three of his past five. He’s easily making Giant fans forget about Kevin Boss and is becoming a viable option in all formats.
- Would it surprise anyone if the Minnesota Vikings have to go a little more pass heavy in order to keep up with the Packers? Those throws have to go to someone, and Visanthe Shiancoe could be an intriguing option in deeper formats.
Make sure to check out all the rest of our Week 10 articles: