While kickers are often an afterthought for fantasy owners, they shouldn’t necessarily be. Let’s take a look at our Week 10 rankings:
- Mason Crosby – Green Bay Packers – vs. Minnesota
- David Akers – San Francisco 49ers – vs. New York Giants
- Sebastian Janikowski – Oakland Raiders – at San Diego
- Robbie Gould – Chicago Bears – vs. Detroit
- John Kasay – New Orleans Saints – at Atlanta
- Jason Hanson – Detroit Lions – at Chicago
- Dan Carpenter – Miami Dolphins – vs. Washington
- Alex Henery – Philadelphia Eagles – vs. Arizona
- Billy Cundiff – Baltimore Ravens – at Seattle
- Neil Rackers – Houston Texans – at Tampa Bay
- Stephen Gostkowski – New England Patriots – at New York Jets
- Dan Bailey – Dallas Cowboys – vs. Buffalo
- Nick Novak – San Diego Chargers – vs. Oakland
- Shaun Suisham – Pittsburgh Steelers – at Cincinnati
- Josh Scobee – Jacksonville Jaguars – at Indianapolis
- Robbie Gould tends to fly under the radar, at least a little bit, when discussing the top kickers in the league. He actually has only missed once all season, including six kicks of at least 40 yards. Playing in Chicago owners will always have to monitor the weather just to be sure, but he should be considered one of the better options in the league. That’s even truer this week, as the Lions have allowed 18 field goals (third most in the league behind Washington and Minnesota).
- Both Dan Bailey and Nick Novak are viable options, but should be considered on the low-end, at best. The Bills and Raiders (as well as the Eagles) are tied for the least field goals allowed on the season at 9. In other words, there are just kickers with a little bit more upside this week that are worth considering.
- Josh Scobee gets hurt a little bit by the offense he’s in, as he’s managed just eight extra points on the season. However, he has yet to miss a field goal, including hitting nine from at least 50 yards (five from at least 50 yards). He may not be an elite option, but it’s impossible to ignore him.
Make sure to check out all the rest of our Week 10 articles: