Let’s keep our Week 13 rankings rolling with a look at the best tight ends for the coming week. Who has the best matchup? Who has been struggling? Let’s take a look:
- Rob Gronkowski – New England Patriots – vs. Indianapolis
- Antonio Gates – San Diego Chargers – at Jacksonville
- Jimmy Graham – New Orleans Saints – vs. Detroit
- Jason Witten – Dallas Cowboys – at Arizona
- Jermichael Finley – Green Bay Packers – at New York Giants
- Aaron Hernandez – New England Patriots – vs. Indianapolis
- Fred Davis – Washington Redskins – vs. New York Jets
- Vernon Davis – San Francisco 49ers – vs. St. Louis
- Jake Ballard – New York Giants – vs. Green Bay
- Kellen Winslow – Tampa Bay Buccaneers – vs. Carolina
- Tony Gonzalez – Atlanta Falcons – at Houston
- Brent Celek – Philadelphia Eagles – at Seattle
- Owen Daniels – Houston Texans – vs. Atlanta
- Brandon Pettigrew – Detroit Lions – at New Orleans
- Dustin Keller – New York Jets – at Washington
- Jermaine Gresham – Cincinnati Bengals – at Pittsburgh
- Greg Olsen – Carolina Panthers – at Tampa Bay
- Scott Chandler – Buffalo Bills – vs. Tennessee
- Heath Miller – Pittsburgh Steelers – vs. Cincinnati
- Ed Dickson – Baltimore Ravens – at Cleveland
- With the San Francisco 49ers playing a Rams’ team that has been extremely porous against the run, coupled with Vernon Davis’ unpredictable production, means Davis drops down these rankings. It’s hard to say that he’s a must play, since you really don’t know what you are going to get, but he certainly has the upside that makes him worth using.
- Antonio Gates is getting things back on track, isn’t he? He has scored in three of his past four games and four of his past six. He may not be as explosive, having not had a 100+ yard receiving game since Week 8 of the 2010 season, but constantly being a focus in the red zone alone makes him a great option against Jacksonville.
- Houston’s passing defense has been lights out this season (175.8 passing yards per game, 11 TD, 15 INT). It’s not just receivers that they have been shutting down, either. According to nfl.com they are among the five best teams in fantasy points allowed to tight ends per game. Tony Gonzalez, who has been a great option this season, has to be moved down the rankings for this week.
- I can’t get too excited about Dustin Keller picking up two touchdowns in Week 12. He hadn’t scored since Week 2 and hasn’t had more than 64 yards in a game since Week 3. He remains more of a TE2 in my book.
***** Attention Fantasy Baseball Players! Pre-order the Rotoprofessor 2012 Fantasy Baseball Draft Guide, complete with updates from January through the start of the season, for just $6! To place your order click here. *****
Make sure to check out all of our Week 13 articles: