While kickers are often an afterthought for fantasy owners, they shouldn’t necessarily be. Let’s take a look at our Week 13 rankings:
- Sebastian Janikowski – Oakland Raiders – at Miami
- Dan Bailey – Dallas Cowboys – at Arizona
- John Kasay – New Orleans Saints – vs. Detroit
- Robbie Gould – Chicago Bears – vs. Kansas City
- Mason Crosby – Green Bay Packers – at New York Giants
- David Akers – San Francisco 49ers – vs. St. Louis
- Neil Rackers – Houston Texans – vs. Atlanta
- Stephen Gostkowski – New England Patriots – vs. Indianapolis
- Jason Hanson – Detroit Lions – at New Orleans
- Billy Cundiff – Baltimore Ravens – at Cleveland
- Nick Folk – New York Jets – at Washington
- Matt Bryant – Atlanta Falcons – at Houston
- Connor Barth – Tampa Bay Buccaneers – vs. Carolina
- Alex Henery – Philadelphia Eagles – at Seattle
- Ryan Longwell – Minnesota Vikings – vs. Denver
- Has Sebastian Janikowski wiped out the fears about his health yet? He went 6-for-6 this past week, including four kicks between 40 and 49 yards. For the year he is 22-for-24, including hitting 13-for-15 from at least 40 yards (5-for-6 from at least 50 yards). The Dolphins are in the bottom ten in the league in field goals allowed (21), making him one of the best options for the coming week.
- Without Jay Cutler, will the Bears be forced to kick a few more field goals then normal? The Chiefs are in the middle of the pack in field goals allowed (18) and Robbie Gould has been among the best kickers in the league this season. On the year he has hit 11 kicks of at least 40 yards and is 9-for-10 overall in his past four games. Consider him one of the better options in the league.
- The Detroit Lions and Washington Redskins are tied for the league lead with having allowed 25 field goals on the season. While John Kasay is going to be one of the elite options in the league, the matchup certainly helps Nick Folk as well.
- Is Stephen Gostkowski going to kick anything but extra points this week? Even if that were the case, it’s possible he connects on five or six of them. All it will take is one field goal to make him one of the better options in the league.
***** Attention Fantasy Baseball Players! Pre-order the Rotoprofessor 2012 Fantasy Baseball Draft Guide, complete with updates from January through the start of the season, for just $6! To place your order click here. *****
Make sure to check out all of our Week 13 articles: