While kickers are often an afterthought for fantasy owners, they shouldn’t necessarily be. Let’s take a look at our Week 14 rankings:
- David Akers – San Francisco 49ers – at Arizona
- Robbie Gould – Chicago Bears – at Denver
- Dan Bailey – Dallas Cowboys – vs. New York Giants
- Sebastian Janikowski – Oakland Raiders – at Green Bay
- Stephen Gostkowski – New England Patriots – at Washington
- John Kasay – New Orleans Saints – at Tennessee
- Mason Crosby – Green Bay Packers – vs. Oakland
- Neil Rackers – Houston Texans – at Cincinnati
- Billy Cundiff – Baltimore Ravens – vs. Indianapolis
- Rob Bironas – Tennessee Titans – vs. New Orleans
- Matt Bryant – Atlanta Falcons – at Carolina
- Jason Hanson – Detroit Lions – vs. Minnesota
- Mike Nugent – Cincinnati Bengals – vs. Houston
- Shaun Suisham – Pittsburgh Steelers – vs. Cleveland
- Connor Barth – Tampa Bay Buccaneers – at Jacksonville
- As always, the biggest knock on Stephen Gostkowski is if he is going to be kicking field goals or extra points. He’s made 9 extra points in his past two games (and 17 in his past four), while he’s made only 2 field goals. He only needs to make a field goal or two to make him one of the elite options in the game, so it’s clear that he should be active in all formats.
- John Kasay suffers from the same problem as Gostkowski, unfortunately. He has gone 11-for-11 in extra point attempts in his past two games, but has only made 1 field goal over that span (and from between 30 and 39 yards nonetheless). With Tennessee not allowing many field goals this season (18), you have to knock him down a few pegs on the rankings.
- On the season Robbie Gould is 5-5 from over 50 yards and 11-14 from over 40 yards. He has the leg for a 50+ yards, and kicking in Denver this week makes it that much better. Throw in the fact that the offense, without Jay Cutler and Matt Forte, could struggle to punch the ball into the end zone and there is a lot to like for the coming week.
- Would it surprise you to learn that Connor Barth is tied for the league lead in field goals of at least 40 yards (he’s tied with Sebastian Janikowski with 13). The Jacksonville Jaguars have allowed just 15 field goals on the season, so the matchup isn’t ideal, but it’s hard not to consider him a desperation play in all formats.
***** Attention Fantasy Baseball Players! Pre-order the Rotoprofessor 2012 Fantasy Baseball Draft Guide, complete with updates from January through the start of the season, for just $6! To place your order click here. *****
Make sure to check out all of our Week 14 articles:
- Top 25 Quarterbacks
- Top 40 Running Backs
- Top 20 Tight Ends
- Waiver Worthy
- Quick Hit: Is Marion Barber A Viable Replacement For Matt Forte?