With fantasy playoffs likely underway in all leagues this week the decisions you make have a tremendous impact. Should we trust Michael Vick? Has Philip Rivers re-emerged as a must use option? Where does Tim Tebow fall on the rankings? Let’s take a look at these questions and all the rest for the coming week:
- Aaron Rodgers – Green Bay Packers – at Kansas City
- Drew Brees – New Orleans Saints – at Minnesota
- Tom Brady – New England Patriots – at Denver
- Cam Newton – Carolina Panthers – at Houston
- Tony Romo – Dallas Cowboys – at Tampa Bay
- Matthew Stafford – Detroit Lions – at Oakland
- Eli Manning – New York Giants – vs. Washington
- Tim Tebow – Denver Broncos – vs. New England
- Matt Ryan – Atlanta Falcons – vs. Jacksonville
- Philip Rivers – San Diego Chargers – vs. Baltimore
- Michael Vick – Philadelphia Eagles – vs. New York Jets
- Ben Roethlisberger – Pittsburgh Steelers – at San Francisco
- Rex Grossman – Washington Redskins – at New York Giants
- Mark Sanchez – New York Jets – at Philadelphia
- Carson Palmer – Oakland Raiders – vs. Detroit
- Ryan Fitzpatrick – Buffalo Bills – vs. Miami
- Joe Flacco – Baltimore Ravens – at San Diego
- Andy Dalton – Cincinnati Bengals – at St. Louis
- Matt Moore – Miami Dolphins – at Buffalo
- Jake Locker – Tennessee Titans – at Indianapolis
- T.J. Yates – Houston Texans – vs. Carolina
- Josh Freeman – Tampa Bay Buccaneers – vs. Dallas
- Christian Ponder – Minnesota Vikings – vs. New Orleans
- Dan Orlovsky – Indianapolis Colts – vs. Tennessee
- Tarvaris Jackson – Seattle Seahawks – at Chicago
- In his last three games against the Washington Redskins Eli Manning has thrown just 1 TD. At the same time, has the Giants passing game ever been firing on all cylinders like it currently is? It’s impossible to consider him anything but a must use option this week, though maybe not quite as highly given his recent history against Washington.
- Philip Rivers gets downgraded due to a difficult matchup with the Baltimore Ravens, who have allowed nine receiving touchdowns all season long (and only two to wide receivers in the past six games). Lucky for Rivers he has Antonio Gates at his disposal, but Rivers is more of a mid-to-low level QB1 at this point. It’s hard to bench him with your fantasy title on the line, but the matchup makes him a risky play.
- After Rex Grossman torched the New England Patriots for 463 total yards, is anyone shying away from Tim Tebow this week? All Tebow does is get the job done and should be in store for another productive week.
- Michael Vick was not all that impressive in his first game back in the lineup, going 15-30 for 208 yards, 1 TD and 1 INT while also adding two rushes for 9 yards. Things will not get any easier against the New York Jets this week, but he also have to think that he will be significantly more comfortable. Consider him a viable QB1, though a low-end one, for this week.
- It has been a good stretch for Mark Sanchez, throwing for 7 TD vs. just 1 INT over his past three games. He’s never going to be a consistent 300 yard passer, considering the Jets’ propensity to run first, but he has proven that he can be more than usable as a QB2 at this point in the season.
- Rex Grossman has thrown for 250 yards or more in three of his past four games (the only time he hasn’t was against the New York Jets). Over that span he also has thrown for 6 TD. With the struggles the Giants have had defending the pass and Grossman throwing for 305 yards and 2 TD against them in Week 1, he is looking like a good QB2 for the coming week.
- Jake Locker looked good again after taking over for Matt Hasselbeck, throwing for 282 yards and 1 TD. You have to think that the time has come to see what he can do starting a game, don’t you? Assuming he’s playing he’s a solid QB2 against the Colts.
- You have to think Colt McCoy is going to miss this week’s game, don’t you? If he plays he’ll have value, but we are leaving him off the rankings for now.
- We all expect Ben Roethlisberger to play this week, though the threat of him further injuring his ankle is great. With your fantasy title hanging in the balance it is hard to put your faith in him, though every time we say that he seems to come up big. It all depends on your other options at this point.
***** Attention Fantasy Baseball Players! Pre-order the Rotoprofessor 2012 Fantasy Baseball Draft Guide, complete with updates from January through the start of the season, for just $6! To place your order click here. *****
Make sure to check out all of our Week 15 articles: