While kickers are often an afterthought for fantasy owners, they shouldn’t necessarily be. Let’s take a look at our Week 15 rankings:
- David Akers –San Francisco 49ers – vs. Pittsburgh
- John Kasay –New Orleans Saints – at Minnesota
- Sebastian Janikowski –Oakland Raiders – vs. Detroit
- Neil Rackers –Houston Texans – vs. Carolina
- Stephen Gostkowski – New England Patriots – at Denver
- Mason Crosby –Green Bay Packers – at Kansas City
- Dan Bailey –Dallas Cowboys – at Tampa Bay
- Robbie Gould –Chicago Bears – vs. Seattle
- Rob Bironas – Tennessee Titans – at Indianapolis
- Jason Hanson –Detroit Lions – at Oakland
- LawrenceTynes –New York Giants – vs. Washington
- Matt Prater –Denver Broncos – vs. New England
- Billy Cundiff – Baltimore Ravens – at San Diego
- Nick Novak – San Diego Chargers – vs. Baltimore
- Alex Henery –Philadelphia Eagles – vs.New York Jets
- Matt Prater went 2-for-3 on field goal attempts in Week 14, both of which were from over 50 yards. Surprisingly those are the first kicks of at least 50 yards that he has hit at home this season, though if you saw the kicks he had more than enough distance. It’s hard not to like him in Week 15 kicking at home again, though I wouldn’t consider him a must use option by any stretch.
- The only question with a kicker like John Kasay is if the New Orleans Saints are going to settle for field goals or if they will be finding the end zone. Taking on the Minnesota Vikings, who are tied for third in field goals allowed (27) and are among the leaders in extra points allowed (39), you have to like him as a great option heading into the week.
- I know Janikowski failed to connect on a field goal in Week 14, but is anyone really going to shy away from him now? He’ll take on a Detroit Lions team that has allowed 26 field goals and I would expect him to rebound with a much better performance.
***** Attention Fantasy Baseball Players! Pre-order the Rotoprofessor 2012 Fantasy Baseball Draft Guide, complete with updates from January through the start of the season, for just $6! To place your order click here. *****
Make sure to check out all of our Week 15 articles: