- George Wilson – Buffalo Bills
- Tyvon Branch – Oakland Raiders
- Eric Berry – Kansas City Chiefs
- Kam Chancellor – Seattle Seahawks
- Roman Harper – New Orleans Saints
- Patrick Chung – New England Patriots
- Jason McCourty – Tennessee Titans
- Morgan Burnett – Green Bay Packers
- Antoine Bethea – Indianapolis Colts
- Charles Tillman – Chicago Bears
- Eric Weddle – San Diego Chargers
- LaRon Landry – New York Jets
- Troy Polamalu – Pittsburgh Steelers
- Quintin Mikell – St. Louis Rams
- Charles Woodson – Green Bay Packers
- Had Eric Berry not missed the entire 2011 season due to a torn ACL he would likely top this list. However, there obviously is some risk as we head into the season. He has the upside as the top option, so I wouldn’t avoid him.
- Can a corner back continue to rack up tackles like Jason McCourty did for the Titans in 2011 (103 tackles)? It’s certainly not impossible given the team’s scheme. The question is if teams will throw at him since Cortland Finnegan has moved on. I definitely wouldn’t shy away from him as a top DB option.
- Patrick Chung was sidelined after playing just 8 games, but you can see from the numbers he posted in a half a season just how good he is. He amassed 62 tackles, 1 sack and 1 interception, putting him on pace to far best his 2010 numbers (96 tackles in 14 games). A healthy Chung should be considered among the top options.
Make sure to check out our 2012 fantasy football rankings: