Let’s continue with out Week 1 rankings by looking at the Top 15 defenses:
- Houston Texans – vs. Miami
- Philadelphia Eagles – at Cleveland
- Detroit Lions – vs. St. Louis
- Buffalo Bills – at New York Jets
- Seattle Seahawks – at Arizona
- New England Patriots – at Tennessee
- Chicago Bears – vs. Indianapolis
- Baltimore Ravens – vs. Cincinnati
- New York Jets – vs. Buffalo
- Green Bay Packers – vs. San Francisco
- San Diego Chargers – at Oakland
- San Francisco 49ers – at Green Bay
- New York Giants – vs. Dallas
- New Orleans Saints – vs. Washington
- Arizona Cardinals – vs. Seattle
- Last season the Lions forced 25 fumbles (tied for sixth most), 21 interceptions (fifth most) and 41 sacks (tied for tenth most). A young defense that now has a year more experience and a ton of upside, I like them to get off to a great start against the Rams. The biggest fear is the offense running up the score early, causing the defense to play soft (much like with the Patriots and Packers). However, with their potential to make plays it is hard to ignore them.
- As I have said multiple times, despite what the Jets are “hiding” from the league, I have a hard time believing their offense is going to be very good. They looked awful in the preseason, especially protecting the QB. With Mario Williams now in Buffalo, that really could become a problem. I’d look for Buffalo to make an impact in Week 1.
- While the 49ers will likely be the elite defense in the league in 2012, they draw a tough matchup in Week 1. Obviously I wouldn’t sit them down, but if they are going to give up points this week is a pretty good bet. Even if they struggle, don’t get discouraged (stating the obvious).
- With all the questions surrounding the Cardinals quarterback, does anyone not trust Seattle’s defense? They are a borderline usable option to begin with, but against this offense they should have a good week.
Make sure to check out all of our Week 1 rankings:
Haven’t drafted yet? Make sure to check out our 2012 preseason fantasy football rankings: