Let’s continue with our Week 2 rankings by looking at the top defenses for the coming week:
- Houston Texans – at Jacksonville
- New England Patriots – vs. Arizona
- New York Giants – vs. Tampa Bay
- Cincinnati Bengals – vs. Cleveland
- Dallas Cowboys – at Seattle
- Pittsburgh Steelers – vs. New York Jets
- Baltimore Ravens – at Philadelphia
- San Francisco 49ers – vs. Detroit
- Oakland Raiders – at Miami
- Detroit Lions – at San Francisco
- New York Jets – at Pittsburgh
- Philadelphia Eagles – vs. Baltimore
- San Diego Chargers – vs. Tennessee
- Washington Redskins – at St. Louis
- Chicago Bears – at Green Bay
- Mario Williams who? The Houston Texans opened the season by allowing just 10 points, forcing 3 fumbles (recovering 1), intercepting 3 passes and had 3 sacks. Taking on the Jaguars, how can you not put them atop these rankings?
- With the potential of Darrelle Revis missing the game against the Steelers due to a concussion, the Jets defense could struggle on the outside. Considering Pittsburgh has Mike Wallace, Antonio Brown and Emmanuel Sanders, you would think they would quickly take advantage of the opening. We’ll have to monitor the news, but for now I am ranking the Jets as if Revis isn’t playing.
- The New York Giants defense didn’t look so good in Week 1, but the Buccaneers are not the Cowboys. I would expect a big rebound from them this week.
- Are the Raiders a dominant defense? Of course not, but the Dolphins simply may be that bad in 2012. I would definitely use them as a defensive streamer if you are going that route.
- After shutting down the Giants in Week 1, we have to like the Cowboys revamped secondary. Considering the Seahawks have an offense that is far less daunting, Dallas’ defense is looking like an above average play in Week 2.
Make sure to check out our Week 2 rankings: