Let’s continue our Week 5 rankings by looking at the top defenses for the coming week:
- Chicago Bears – at Jacksonville
- Houston Texans – at New York Jets
- Arizona Cardinals – at St. Louis
- Baltimore Ravens – at Kansas City
- San Francisco 49ers – vs. Buffalo
- Minnesota Vikings – vs. Tennessee
- New York Giants – vs. Cleveland
- Seattle Seahawks – at Carolina
- Green Bay Packers – at Indianapolis
- Atlanta Falcons – at Washington
- Pittsburgh Steelers – vs. Philadelphia
- Cincinnati Bengals – vs. Miami
- New England Patriots – vs. Denver
- St. Louis Rams – vs. Arizona
- Philadelphia Eagles – at Pittsburgh
- The New York Jets offense is pretty pathetic right now, wouldn’t you say? They have no running game that they can trust. With Santonio Holmes injured, they have no wide receiver that is going to scare you. Tim Tebow anyone? With the Houston Texans allowing the fewest points per game this season (14.0), as well as a defense that makes plays (13 sacks, 5 interceptions), is there any question that they are among the best options?
- The only reason the Bears are the top option is the matchup, to go along with their 15 sacks and 11 interceptions this season. Just minor reasons, right?
- As I mentioned in my streaming defense article for Week 5 (click here to view), the Minnesota Vikings defense is actually performing well, has a favorable matchup (especially if Kenny Britt is unable to go once again) and also has the benefit of Percy Harvin as a special team weapon. Don’t overlook them for this week.
- Can the Falcons slow down Robert Griffin III and company? They have actually produced on defense, with 7 interceptions and 10 sacks, so even if they give up a few points there is a good chance that they still produce for you. That makes them well worth using this week.
Make sure to check out all of our Week 5 rankings: