Let’s wrap up our Week 5 rankings by looking at the top kickers in the league:
- Greg Zuerlein – St. Louis Rams – vs. Arizona
- Stephen Gostkowski – New England Patriots – vs. Denver
- Blair Walsh – Minnesota Vikings – vs. Tennessee
- Justin Tucker – Baltimore Ravens – at Kansas City
- David Akers – San Francisco 49ers – vs. Buffalo
- Robbie Gould – Chicago Bears – at Jacksonville
- Matt Bryant – Atlanta Falcons – at Washington
- Mason Crosby – Green Bay Packers – at Indianapolis
- Lawrence Tynes – New York Giants – vs. Cleveland
- Steven Hauschka – Seattle Seahawks – at Carolina
- Phil Dawson – Cleveland Browns – at New York Giants
- Shayne Graham – Houston Texans – at New York Jets
- Ryan Succop – Kansas City Chiefs – vs. Baltimore
- Nick Novak – San Diego Chargers – at New Orleans
- Mike Nugent – Cincinnati Bengals – vs. Miami
- The Carolina Panthers have allowed opponents to connect on 13 field goals, the most in the league (only four other teams have allowed as many as 10). While Steven Hauschka isn’t going to be a top option in most weeks, he definitely is worth considering based on the matchup in Week 5.
- How do we not love Greg Zuerlein at this point? Yes, hitting two field goals of at least 58 yards in Week 4 definitely caught our attention, but that really is just the tip of the iceberg. He has already hit 8 kicks of at least 40 yards (including 3 from at least 50). With the Rams offense not elite, there is no reason to think that he isn’t going to continue to get opportunities.
- Phil Dawson is another under-the-radar option heading into Week 5, but he has a weak offense, faces a tougher defense and is the only kicker in the league to make 4 kicks of at least 50 yards. He’s a viable option this week.
Make sure to check out all the rest of our Week 5 rankings: