Let’s wrap up our Week 7 rankings looking at the top defenses for the week:
- Minnesota Vikings – vs. Arizona
- San Francisco 49ers – vs. Seattle
- Green Bay Packers – at St. Louis
- Chicago Bears – vs. Detroit
- Arizona Cardinals – at Minnesota
- Houston Texans – vs. Baltimore
- New York Giants – vs. Washington
- Dallas Cowboys – at Carolina
- New England Patriots – vs. New York Jets
- Seattle Seahawks – at San Francisco
- Cleveland Browns – at Indianapolis
- Pittsburgh Steelers – at Cincinnati
- Buffalo Bills – vs. Tennessee
- New York Jets – at New England
- St. Louis Rams – vs. Green Bay
- The Chicago Bears defense has been the best in the league, mostly because they have scored 5 TD this season. It’s hard to count on them scoring every week and, while the Lions offense hasn’t been quite as good as fantasy owners had hoped for, they do still have the potential to explode at any time. Those things keep the Bears suppressed a few spots down the rankings instead of sitting atop them.
- If it was Kevin Kolb at QB I don’t think the Vikings would top this list. However, John Skelton has done nothing to scare defenses, both Beanie Wells & Ryan Williams are out and Percy Harvin has a chance to score every time he touches the ball on kick returns. In other words, there’s an awful lot to like.
- Robert Griffin III has the potential to put up big yardage, but with the Giants defensive line finally waking up they are one of the more potent defenses in the league. New York made a statement in Week 6 and should follow it up.
- The Cowboys defense is a nice sleeper for the coming week. If you want to know why, click here.
- Do I trust the Patriots defense? Not really… Except, they struggle against the pass and against the Jets, that isn’t as much of a concern. If they can shut down Shonn Greene (which wouldn’t be surprising), they should post a nice day defensively.
Make sure to check out all of our Week 7 rankings: