Let’s wrap up our weekly rankings with a look at the top defenses in the league:
- Chicago Bears – vs. Carolina
- San Francisco 49ers – at Arizona
- Green Bay Packers – vs. Jacksonville
- New England Patriots – at St. Louis
- Atlanta Falcons – at Philadelphia
- Minnesota Vikings – vs. Tampa Bay
- Seattle Seahawks – at Detroit
- Miami Dolphins – at New York Jets
- New York Giants – at Dallas
- Detroit Lions – vs. Seattle
- San Diego Chargers – at Cleveland
- Arizona Cardinals – vs. San Francisco
- New York Jets – vs. Miami
- Kansas City Chiefs – vs. Oakland
- Oakland Raiders – at Kansas City
- Is there any arguing that the Bears are by far the best defensive option in the league? They have allowed the fewest points (72), are tied for fifth in sacks (21.0), lead in interceptions (14), are tied for second in fumble recoveries (7) and lead in TD (5). With Cam Newton struggling, they should continue to feast on Panthers.
- The Green Bay Packers have 24 sacks and 9 interceptions on the season. Plus, they draw the lowest scoring offense in the league, with the Jaguars averaging 14.7 points per game. Throw in the absence of Maurice Jones-Drew and there is every reason to think that it will be a good day for them.
- While the Philadelphia Eagles always have potential, Michael Vick has been a turnover machine this season. With the Falcons having 10 INT and 7 fumble recoveries (as well as 16 sacks), there’s a good chance the Eagles’ struggles could continue.
- Wonder why the Dolphins are ranked where they are? Check out our Streaming Defense article (click here to view)to find out why they are an option worth considering.
Make sure to check out all of our Week 8 rankings: