Let’s continue our look at the Week 9 rankings by checking out the top kickers in the league:
- Jason Hanson – Detroit Lions – at Jacksonville
- Lawrence Tynes – New York Giants – vs. Pittsburgh
- Sebastian Janikowski – Oakland Raiders – vs. Tampa Bay
- Robbie Gould – Chicago Bears – at Tennessee
- Matt Bryant – Atlanta Falcons – vs. Dallas
- Connor Barth – Tampa Bay Buccaneers – at Oakland
- Blair Walsh – Minnesota Vikings – at Seattle
- Phil Dawson – Cleveland Browns – vs. Baltimore
- Kai Forbath – Washington Redskins – vs. Carolina
- Garrett Hartley – New Orleans Saints – vs. Philadelphia
- Justin Tucker – Baltimore Ravens – at Cleveland
- Shayne Graham – Houston Texans – vs. Buffalo
- Steven Hauschka – Seattle Seahawks – vs. Minnesota
- Alex Henery – Philadelphia Eagles – at New Orleans
- Mike Nugent – Cincinnati Bengals – vs. Denver
- Could the Giants have to settle for field goals instead of touchdowns? You would think they couldn’t afford to against the Steelers, but their offense did repeatedly stall against the Cowboys last week. Lawrence Tynes has been arguably the best kicker in the league this season, so it’s easy to consider him a Top 5 option.
- Sebastian Janikowski appears to be getting healthy, with back-to-back four field goal games (12-for-13 over his past four games). While he has hit just two field goals of over 40 yards during that span, it is hard to argue with the output.
- Connor Barth has hit seven field goals of at least 40 yards and faces a Raiders team that has allowed the third most field goals in the league (18). It’s hard not to like the match-up, especially if you are in need of a bye week fill-in.
- Speaking of good fill-ins, Kai Forbath will be taking on a Panthers’ defense that has allowed a league high 21 field goals this season. At 6-for-6 over his first three games, he’s a good buy for this week.
Make sure to check out all of our Week 9 rankings: