Let’s wrap up our Week 10 rankings with a look at the best defenses in the league:
- Chicago Bears – vs. Houston
- San Francisco 49ers – vs. St. Louis
- New York Giants – at Cincinnati
- Pittsburgh Steelers – vs. Kansas City
- Seattle Seahawks – vs. New York Jets
- Denver Broncos – at Carolina
- Houston Texans – at Chicago
- New England Patriots – vs. Buffalo
- Miami Dolphins – vs. Tennessee
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers – vs. San Diego
- Indianapolis Colts – at Jacksonville
- Detroit Lions – at Minnesota
- Baltimore Ravens – vs. Oakland
- New York Jets – at Seattle
- Dallas Cowboys – at Philadelphia
- The Houston Texans are going to be a tough challenge for the Chicago Bears, but at this point how can we not consider Chicago the top option every given week? They are tied for third in sacks (25), tied for first in interceptions (17) and tied for first in fumble recoveries (11). They also have scored 8 TD, so even if they give up points to the Texans there is just as good of a chance that they make numerous big plays. There is just no one else you should rather own, regardless of match-up, at this point.
- While the Pittsburgh Steelers defense has been banged up and not as good as expected this season, would you really pick against them against the Chiefs? Obviously, we would like to see better numbers (14 sacks, 4 interceptions), but they need to be considered a Top 5 option this week.
- The New York Giants are tied for the league lead with 17 interceptions, while the Bengals are fourth in the league having thrown 11. Cincinnati has also allowed 22 sacks, eighth most in the league (and we all know how strong the Giants’ defensive line can be). In other words, this has the makings of a productive afternoon for New York.
- Granted, the Detroit Lions defense has been frustrating this season, but the Minnesota Vikings have been getting little from their quarterback in recent weeks and Percy Harvin is in danger of missing the game. Sure, they’ll have to contend with a “mediocre” back named Adrian Peterson, but at least there is upside potential.
Make sure to check out all of our Week 10 rankings: