Let’s continue with our Week 11 rankings by looking at the top defenses in the league:
- Chicago Bears – at San Francisco
- Houston Texans – vs. Jacksonville
- Atlanta Falcons – vs. Arizona
- San Francisco 49ers – vs. Chicago
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers – at Carolina
- New England Patriots – vs. Indianapolis
- Denver Broncos – vs. San Diego
- St. Louis Rams – vs. New York Jets
- Cincinnati Bengals – at Kansas City
- Baltimore Ravens – at Pittsburgh
- Washington Redskins – vs. Philadelphia
- New York Jets – at St. Louis
- Green Bay Packers – at Detroit
- Dallas Cowboys – vs. Cleveland
- Arizona Cardinals – at Atlanta
- Maybe if Alex Smith were healthy the Bears wouldn’t come in on top of the rankings… Who are we kidding? They are by far the best defense in the league this season and, unless they are taking an absolute offensive juggernaut, there is no reason to even consider anyone else as the top option.
- Houston’s defense was already one of the top options in the league, so it is almost unfair that they take on the most anemic offense (the Jaguars are averaging 14.1 points per game).
- A lot of Denver’s defensive value comes from their sacks (31) and defensive touchdowns (4). The Chargers offense does have potential, however, and it is not like they are giving up a ton of sacks (they have allowed 22). The Broncos remain a good option, but I wouldn’t put them into the Top 3 this week.
- Both Baltimore and Washington become potential low-end options due to injuries to the opposing quarterbacks. However, that doesn’t make them highly recommended options, so keep that in mind before rolling the dice on them.
Make sure to check out all of our Week 11 rankings: