Let’s wrap up our Week 13 rankings by looking at the best defensive options:
- Chicago Bears – vs. Seattle
- San Francisco 49ers – at St. Louis
- New England Patriots – at Miami
- Carolina Panthers – at Kansas City
- New York Giants – at Washington
- Houston Texans – at Tennessee
- Cleveland Browns – at Oakland
- Arizona Cardinals – at New York Jets
- Baltimore Ravens – vs. Pittsburgh
- Denver Broncos – vs. Tampa Bay
- Dallas Cowboys – vs. Philadelphia
- Cincinnati Bengals – at San Diego
- New York Jets – vs. Arizona
- San Diego Chargers – vs. Cincinnati
- Buffalo Bills – vs. Jacksonville
- If the Chicago Bears didn’t have such a favorable matchup, the San Francisco 49ers may have been considered for the top spot this week. Instead they’ll have to settle for secondas they look to avenge the tied they had a few weeks back. They are coming off an impressive outing against Drew Brees and the Saints, and have four interceptions and 11 sacks over their past two games. In other words, they appear to be a team on a mission right now and I wouldn’t expect that to stop.
- If Charlie Batch is under center once again the Baltimore Ravens look like a tremendous defensive option this week. If it’s Ben Roethlisberger, that changes slightly. For now we are going to proceed anticipating it being Batch, so be ready to use the Ravens, but keep checking back for any changes.
- I know Robert Griffin III and company are on a roll, but the Giants are coming off an impressive showing against the Packers and also have had success against Griffin this season. Back in Week 7 they managed to force an interception, a fumble and three sacks. When on they are one of the premier defenses in the league and should be used in all formats.
- The Arizona Cardinals have registered 30 sacks and 15 interceptions, both numbers that make them an intriguing defense. Throw in a matchup against a Jets team that was embarrassed on Thanksgiving and there’s a lot to like… Then again, NFL teams don’t like to be embarrassed so this could go one of two ways. The Jets could come out strong in order to make people forget, or they could simply close up shop and mail it in. Time will tell which way they go, but there’s enough potential to consider Arizona a mid-level option.
- The Denver Broncos are a good defense, but the Tampa Bay Buccaneers do a good job of avoiding interceptions (7) and sacks (16). While they remain a usable option, they aren’t going to be ranked as highly as usual.
***** Pre-order the Rotoprofessor 2013 Fantasy Baseball Draft Guide today for just $5 (the price increases on December 1)!! Expanded rankings, prospect lists, Top 25 sleepers and so much more! To order, or for more information, click here. *****
Make sure to check out all of our Week 13 rankings: